budget saved as Excel spreadsheet error

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

mtziontreasurer

budget saved as Excel spreadsheet error

Post by mtziontreasurer »

Last year when I created a budget, I ran the report in PowerChurch and then saved as an Excel file so it would be easy to make changes. This year when checking each entry I discovered some entries were in excel as text instead of numbers and therefore were not counted when the columns were added using the function key. Is this an issue others have found or is there something I might have done to create this error?

NeilZ

Re: budget saved as Excel spreadsheet error

Post by NeilZ »

mtziontreasurer wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:57 am
Last year when I created a budget, I ran the report in PowerChurch and then saved as an Excel file so it would be easy to make changes. This year when checking each entry I discovered some entries were in excel as text instead of numbers and therefore were not counted when the columns were added using the function key. Is this an issue others have found or is there something I might have done to create this error?
Could you let us know what version of Powerchurch you're on, and if you have the latest MR installed?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

mtziontreasurer

Post by mtziontreasurer »

We use PowerChurch Plus so everything is automatically updated.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

mtziontreasurer wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 12:29 pm
We use PowerChurch Plus so everything is automatically updated.
Yes ... but is it Powerchurch Online, or is it one installed on a local computer? Its all 'Powerchurch Plus" .. but if you're using the Online edition, yes that is kept up to date, and you have a toll-free support line you can call to get faster answers.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

CranfordUMC

Post by CranfordUMC »

Based on my 15+ years of using PowerChurch, when you save a powerchurch report as an excel spreadheet, ALL fields are save as they would appear on a printed report. This means that any total lines in the report will appear as, and be saved as text. You therefore cannot alter a line item and expect the total line to be increased or decreased accordingly. I appologize if I am misreading your problem.
Steve Heller
Treasurer
Cranford United Methodist Church

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

CranfordUMC wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:30 am
Based on my 15+ years of using PowerChurch, when you save a powerchurch report as an excel spreadheet, ALL fields are save as they would appear on a printed report. This means that any total lines in the report will appear as, and be saved as text. You therefore cannot alter a line item and expect the total line to be increased or decreased accordingly. I appologize if I am misreading your problem.
I believe you're right ... I don't believe that any formulas are exported either.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.