PowerChurch Intermittently Closes

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

StPaulUCC2

PowerChurch Intermittently Closes

Post by StPaulUCC2 »

Occasionally while I'm working in PowerChurch it just closes. Not sure what is causing this. Is there anything I need to do to correct this?
Thanks.

NeilZ

Re: PowerChurch Intermittently Closes

Post by NeilZ »

StPaulUCC2 wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2023 5:12 pm
Occasionally while I'm working in PowerChurch it just closes. Not sure what is causing this. Is there anything I need to do to correct this?
Thanks.
Are you using Powerchurch Online, or Powerchurch Plus on your local computer? It can make a difference.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

StPaulUCC2

Post by StPaulUCC2 »

We're using it on a local computer.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

StPaulUCC2 wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2023 11:20 am
We're using it on a local computer.
OK ... if the program is local to your computer and it shuts down there should be some type of error message, if you're running the program as a client with the database on another computer on the network, it may be due to connectivity issues.

We need to know as much about your setup as possible. Please tell us what version of Windows, how much RAM memory, how much space is remaining on the hard drive. If you're using client/server setup how is your client computer connected to the network, ethernet or WiFi?

If you're not getting an error message to pass on, you may need to look at Windows Event Viewer. Here is a link to finding it for Win 10, I'm fairly sure it works for Win 11: https://www.freecodecamp.org/news/event ... ivity-log/
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

StPaulUCC2

Post by StPaulUCC2 »

We're using Windows 11. Ram memory is 8 GB. Space remaining on hard drive is 138GB. Not using client/server setup. Not getting an error message so I found the event viewer but I'm not sure what I'm looking at and what information you need from it.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

StPaulUCC2 wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2023 4:21 pm
We're using Windows 11. Ram memory is 8 GB. Space remaining on hard drive is 138GB. Not using client/server setup. Not getting an error message so I found the event viewer but I'm not sure what I'm looking at and what information you need from it.
If you go down the list of errors, you should come across one that has Powerchurch.exe or similar as the program. Its best to do this immediately after the program unexpectedly closes.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

StPaulUCC2

Post by StPaulUCC2 »

The last event happened about 2 weeks ago and I don't see anything in the even viewer. If/when it happens again I will go immediately to the event viewer.