Pass-Thru Training

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Leanne Admin

Pass-Thru Training

Post by Leanne Admin »

Hello,

I am still on a learning curve on the ins and outs of PowerChurch. Where do I find training explaining the topic of Pass-Thru?

Thank you, :wink:

Leanne

NeilZ

Re: Pass-Thru Training

Post by NeilZ »

Leanne Admin wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:16 am
Hello,

I am still on a learning curve on the ins and outs of PowerChurch. Where do I find training explaining the topic of Pass-Thru?

Thank you, :wink:

Leanne
Not sure if there is one.

Pass-thru contributions are contributions that are basically taken in by the congregation, but are not part of the normal congregation's income. They are to be 'passed thru' to a third-party. Say you're taking in a collection for travel costs for a mission trip. The costs will be used to pay for bus or airline tickets, and its not part of the church's budget. Another example, the Gideons come by, give a talk about their mission, and basically ask for donations to help pay for the Bibles they leave at hotels, etc. The fund that are taken in are not part of the church's income, they are to go to the Gideons.

In both cases, these are liabilities to the church as they are to be paid out, and really should be tracked via a liability account. The last church I was at, we had two such accounts so that we could differentiate if there were two separate 'pass-thru' events going on. We that two Contribution Funds setup that pointed to the liability accounts, and not the income account as they normally would for church income.

Does this help?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Leanne Admin

Re: Pass-Thru Training

Post by Leanne Admin »

Thank you so much for your help. :) The information is very helpful.