Vers 8 vs. 8.5

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Frank Henderson

Vers 8 vs. 8.5

Post by Frank Henderson »

Okay, I explore my C: drive and see both ver. 8 AND 8.5 there. I uninstall (via Add/Remove Software in Control Panel) both PC+ programs and the operation seems to work okay. When I re-install, vers. 8, in addition to vers. 8.5, is there again even though I don't install it. Also, all the data is still there when I open 8.5 without it having been restored. Should that happen? How can I get rid of absolutely everything and do a totally clean install and then restore my backup into an empty vers. 8.5?

Zaphod
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Zaphod »

Since the data files aren't created during the install process (they're created on first run), they aren't removed in the uninstall process. In order to completely clean PowerChurch off your system and start over, you'll need to do the uninstall as normal (this removes files from the Windows System folder), then just delete the pcplus85 or pcplus8 directory (depending on which version you are uninstalling). Then, you can reinstall and have a fresh brand new copy.
PowerChurch Software Technical Support
(800) 486-1800
http://www.powerchurch.com/

Frank Henderson

Done!

Post by Frank Henderson »

Another star in your crown! After a few false starts I wanted to start from scratch in order to network these two computers we have here using your "How to Map a Network Drive" instructions. Seems to work beautifully! Thanks.