Security to add Music Library codes

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

CranfordUMC

Security to add Music Library codes

Post by CranfordUMC »

We have a choir member that wants to created our music library and keep it up to date. As System Administrator, under Other Modules, I gave her all access to the Music Library. She were unable to add in the "Maintain Music Library Codes". I then went into the System Utilities and gave her access to "Change Custom Codes". She is still not able to Maintain Music Library Codes. Can anyone tell me what access I am not giving her?
We are running Online PowerChurch Plus 14.4
I did a re-index and had her logoff and logon with the save results, no access.
This is the first time in 20 years anyone has wanted to do this. By the way, she is my wife so I need to get her access. In the meantime I entered the codes and groups whe wanted.
Steve Heller
Treasurer
Cranford United Methodist Church

NeilZ

Re: Security to add Music Library codes

Post by NeilZ »

CranfordUMC wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 2:01 pm
We have a choir member that wants to created our music library and keep it up to date. As System Administrator, under Other Modules, I gave her all access to the Music Library. She were unable to add in the "Maintain Music Library Codes". I then went into the System Utilities and gave her access to "Change Custom Codes". She is still not able to Maintain Music Library Codes. Can anyone tell me what access I am not giving her?
We are running Online PowerChurch Plus 14.4
I did a re-index and had her logoff and logon with the save results, no access.
This is the first time in 20 years anyone has wanted to do this. By the way, she is my wife so I need to get her access. In the meantime I entered the codes and groups whe wanted.
In the File -> Preferences -> Passwords & Permissions, you have to go to the System Utilities tab and grant access to Change Custom Codes. She'll only have access to do that in the Music Library, nowhere else.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

CranfordUMC

Post by CranfordUMC »

I already went into system utilities and grant her access to "change Custom codes"
Steve Heller
Treasurer

CranfordUMC

Post by CranfordUMC »

May call support next week. I can make the changes but don't know why it doesn't work.
Steve Heller
Treasurer

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

It looks like it's a first for us as well!

I just looked and that form appears to have been copied over from the Contributions Maintain Custom Codes. It is looking at CO permissions instead of Music Library. I will get this written up and fixed in the next Maintenance Release.

CranfordUMC

Post by CranfordUMC »

Thanks for the update.
Steve Heller
Treasurer