Cannot update the cursor - error

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Piner

Cannot update the cursor - error

Post by Piner »

I just replaced the main computer or server at the church office. After initially setting up the network, everhtying seemed to work. That was until we tried toenter data on client. I have reinstalled, reindexed to no avail.
As I enter a new member just after getting through the last/first name a error box comes up saying:
PROGRAM: FRM_AADD.ADD
LINE: 53
ERROR: 111

Is there something special I needed to do when replacing the computer?

Thanks for any help.

Jeff
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Jeff »

This error is a result of the user not being able to update one of the data files that is part of PowerChurch Plus. It is usually caused by one of two issues when someone moves to a new server.

1. The network permissions are not set correctly on the new server. Users need to have update rights in the folder where PCPLUS is installed. This is set on the network level, so you will have to check the permissions on your server.

2. All the files in the PCPLUS folder have been marked as read-only. This usually happens when you move to a new computer by burning the exisiting PCPLUS folder from the old computer to a CD and then copying that folder from the CD to the new computer. This does work, but the side effect of copying files from a CD is that all the files are set to read-only on the new computer. To fix this, go to the PCPLUS folder on the new computer, select Edit -> Select All. Then File -> Properties and clear the read-only check box.

Piner

Post by Piner »

Thank you for the help. I did see that the data folder was marked read only as the other folders also. I installed PowerChurch and then put a 3.5 " backup disk in from the old computer and did a restore. I was unsure why the folder was set to read only as I have had the exact problem you mention from CD restores but I didn't think PowerChurch's own backup/restore would do that. Is anything in the PCPLUS85 directory supposed to be read only?

Again thank you very much for the help.

Zaphod
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Zaphod »

Nothing should be read-only inside pcplus85.
PowerChurch Software Technical Support
(800) 486-1800
http://www.powerchurch.com/

Piner

Post by Piner »

Thanks for the help. I just kept trying to get the attributes set to not read only and my Win XP Pro SP1 just keeps snapping back. I finally realized that in the Sharing and Security I didn't have the "Allow network users to change my files" box checked. I got that set but the folders still show up as read only.
The bottom line is it works!

Thanks again for the help.