Wishlist for Version 11

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Justine Loker

Email different activities

Post by Justine Loker »

I would like to be able to send email messages to more that one activity group that may not be set up in a consecutive order. I may have the nursery department numbered a 12 and then have the children's sunday school numbered a 17 and want to send email to both those activities without send to numbers 13 - 16. If there is a way to do this already, please let me know. I have tried to use the CTRL button to highlight the activities needed but it didn't work. Thanks.

Ian

more items for version 11 wishlist

Post by Ian »

As a 8 year user of PowerChurch, I've long wished for a few items in Fund Accounting:
1. The ability to modify budgets en masse more simply. Currently, each month I go into the Chart of Accounts and pull up a given account, click Budget, change the budget, hit Close, and then Locate the next account whose budget I need to change, pull up the Budget screen again, etc. Instead, I'd love the ability to change which account I'm viewing from the Budget screen.

2. In Accounts Payable, a report or calendar listing which Auto-Repeating Entries fall on each day of the month. The might help prevent confusion about which transactions are being released at any point in time. Alternatively, allowing the user to select which entries to release from a checkbox list like in the Post to Paid Items dialog that would be pre-filled based upon the date selected.

I appreciate any consideration for these items!
Thanks,
Ann

Justine Loker

Accounts Payable Module

Post by Justine Loker »

I would like the check numbers to show up in the Maintain Open Invoices when trying to use the locate option. That way, we can tell what checks have been printed and which ones are still waiting for a check. I look for missing check numbers before posting transactions. I can find them on the manual checks but not on the Maintain Open Invoices.

GDeiChurch

Contribution Reports

Post by GDeiChurch »

I would like to see the date a contribution was received on the Selected Contributors report.

For example, we took up a collection for Hurricane Relief. Both the Funds Report and the Selected Contributor Report shows that we received $425 for this collection, however the Account Activity Report in Fund Accounting for which the contribution fund puts the deposit only shows that $255 was received.

I need to try and figure out where this discrepancy is and how it happened. This task would be a heck of a lot easier if I could see the dates that folks gave to this fund without having to run Individual Contribution Statements for all of them!

tborgal

Post by tborgal »

I believe the posted contributions report will give you what you want.
Tom

GDeiChurch

Post by GDeiChurch »

tborgal wrote:I believe the posted contributions report will give you what you want.
You're absolutely right! Why didn't I think of that! :oops: Thanks so much!

UUTerry

Post by UUTerry »

I'd like to see the option to change the numeric format in Accounting reports.

Specifically, I'd like to be able to display whole dollar number - no cents. Cents in annual or monthly financial reports take the attention away from the important numbers, in part by causing column and type to get smaller.

Terry
Terry Throop

Justine Loker

Accounts Payable wishlist

Post by Justine Loker »

Accounts Payable - Maintain Vendor Records - I would like to see more lines added under the debit and credit portion. We have 2 church locations and it would be great if we could use 2 fund numbers for the credit amounts and multiple lines for the debit accounts. An example would be for our copier expense. We would like to credit two accounts for the amount but it may be from multiple ministries within the two funds that need debited.

Justine Loker

Reindexing Issue

Post by Justine Loker »

We currently have multiple users on Powerchurch. Our problem is the reindexing. There are times that everyone does not shut down powerchurch and when we go to reindex, we get an error message. It would be great if under the adminstrator we could log everyone off of Powerchurch. This would also help when running an update.

NeilZ

Re: Reindexing Issue

Post by NeilZ »

Justine Loker wrote:We currently have multiple users on Powerchurch. Our problem is the reindexing. There are times that everyone does not shut down powerchurch and when we go to reindex, we get an error message. It would be great if under the adminstrator we could log everyone off of Powerchurch. This would also help when running an update.
FWIW ... I had XP Pro setup to log off anyone still logged on and idle after the office closed. I don't believe you can do that with XP Home or Vista Home.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

foxygramps

Wish list, Version11

Post by foxygramps »

Printing fund reports, I would like to be able to pick and choose on individual funds, like 1-5; 7-9, 15-20, not just 1-99 as in an earlier request

whoknows

Computer Check Stub Information

Post by whoknows »

It is imperative to have the information that we enter in the "Maintain Open Invoices" screen show up on the check stubs. I know you have that one option in Maintain Vendor records for a memo line, but it is redundant and cumbersome to go back and forth to change that for every check. PLEASE add the option to have the Account, Account Name, and line descriptions to show up in the check stub. Even having the memo area that is at the bottom of the Maintain Open Invoices screen to show up on the check stubs would be an improvement. Computer generated checks are supposed to make life easier, not harder. It is actually easier to hand-write the checks and then enter the information. We don't need to go back and forth through multiple screens just to have a memo line show up on a check.

Jeff
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Jeff »

Version 10 added the option to print the account distribution on the bottom stub of a 3 part check. See: http://www.powerchurch.com/features/upgrade/

koop4us

Creation of a PowerChurch Today Gadget

Post by koop4us »

Currently the only way to view PowerChurch Today is by having the entire PC program open. Since you are unable to move the "Today" application out of the program window, which itself has significant sizing limitations, you are unable to keep the Today section up and always viewable on your screen. It would be very helpful if there were a gadget that could be placed on the side of your desktop that could be linked to PC, editable to show various portions of data... just like the Today screen.

Presently my secretary prints the list of birthdays and anniversaries each Monday which I post in my office. Having it continuously update on my desktop would be an added bonus!

CoreOmaha

Post by CoreOmaha »

I'd like to see the ability to input an email address on the "Family Mailing List" screen. That would help me immensely with the pictorial directory I'm working on.