problems printing list of data files from answer archives

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

foxygramps

problems printing list of data files from answer archives

Post by foxygramps »

I have tried to print the list of the version 8 and 8.5 data files from the answer archive, using the printer friendly version. At every attempt, the printer prints the Power Church Software heading, the box requesting beta testers, and the heading: version XX data files. It then feeds out that sheet, with the rest of it blank. Printing resumes on the second sheet, starting with "PRITEMS" Defined items for employees, and continues to the end of the list.

I was finally able to print the complete list from the displayed list using the computers 'print' command. Has any one else attempted this, and with what results?
Charles Fox

NeilZ

Re: problems printing list of data files from answer archive

Post by NeilZ »

foxygramps wrote:I have tried to print the list of the version 8 and 8.5 data files from the answer archive, using the printer friendly version. At every attempt, the printer prints the Power Church Software heading, the box requesting beta testers, and the heading: version XX data files. It then feeds out that sheet, with the rest of it blank. Printing resumes on the second sheet, starting with "PRITEMS" Defined items for employees, and continues to the end of the list.

I was finally able to print the complete list from the displayed list using the computers 'print' command. Has any one else attempted this, and with what results?
Charles Fox
Charles,

it printed fine here using Mozilla Firefox, OS/2 and a Dell P1500 Laser Printer (rebadged Lexmark 322).

I suspect your printer driver or your browser is causing the problem. What are you using for both ??
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zaphod
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Zaphod »

The printer friendly versions were tested in Mozilla Firebird (v7 and/or 6, I believe) and IE 5.5 and 6, using a variety of printers.

A quick test with Firefox and the Microsoft Image Writer shows all fine.

I'd have to agree with NeilZ, it may be a printer driver issue.
PowerChurch Software Technical Support
(800) 486-1800
http://www.powerchurch.com/

foxygramps

Post by foxygramps »

It looks like it might be a printer driver issue as you suggested. When I click on "printer friendly version", a half screen box opens showing the beginning of the list. This time I expanded it to full screen, and selected a HP 930C printer. That worked fine.
I then exited the support pages, re-entered them, expanded to the full screen display, selected printer friendly version, expanded to full screen display.and selected the original HP 672C printer.
This time it printed okay.
I then exited and reentered, and selected the 672C from the half screen display.
Worked okay that time too, so that seems to eliminate a driver problem. I'm puzzeled.

One funny thing, on all of the printouts, about an inch to the right of the little printer icon that prints at both the beginning and end of the print, is a short vertical line, about the same height of the printer icon, and next to it a small, light (looks hand drawn) circle. This occurs on both printers, both good and bad prints, but not on the print from the IE print command.
I have never seen this on any other print out, I will try this again later, after a reboot, to see if that affects printing from the half screen.

Zaphod
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Zaphod »

It sounds like you're seeing this:

Which appears at the top and bottom of every printer friendly page. It sounds like your printer is printing the red very lightly, if at all.

In my professional opinion, your issue is resolved! :lol:

Also, in the course of testing this, I realized that the floating graphic (currently, the request for beta testers) was showing up on the printer friendly pages. I fixed that.
PowerChurch Software Technical Support
(800) 486-1800
http://www.powerchurch.com/