Firewall

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Kristi

Firewall

Post by Kristi »

We had a new DSL router set up on our network Friday. This morning I noticed that our LAN did not have the firewall enabled. After I enabled it I could not get onto PowerChurch, the link could not be found. I disabled the firewall and my PowerChurch came back on...except for one computer I needed this morning.

Any ideas?
1. Why would the Firewall for the internet disable my PowerChurch?
2. How can I get my other computer to pull up PowerChurch again?
Thank you~Kristi
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding." Proverbs 3:5

Zaphod
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Zaphod »

You might want to get a network tech to check that out. It sounds like you've got a computer set up outside the firewall, and that's causing you to be locked out of the program. Make sure there's not a port set to "uplink" unless you're actually using that to connect directly to a cable modem or DSL.
PowerChurch Software Technical Support
(800) 486-1800
http://www.powerchurch.com/

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Another issue I've seen with firewalls, is that it may keep any netbios traffic from being sent/received by some workstations. This may also be the case here.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Kristi

Post by Kristi »

Our Tech found the problem. Our router has a firewall so we did not need to set up the firewall that is on each computer. He did have to go into My Network and change one number. It took him 5 minutes and it is working great.

Thank you,
Kristi
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding." Proverbs 3:5