trouble saving reports in word

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

faithmc

trouble saving reports in word

Post by faithmc »

I am having trouble saving reports in word. (I have version 2003) I get the error message "You are attempting to open a file that was created in an earlier version of Microsoft Office. This file type is blocked from opening in this version by your registry policy setting" I have recently installed V 11.5, and have not previously had problems saving reports. Can you tell me if this is a problem with my computer, or the installation of the new version?

NeilZ

Re: trouble saving reports in word

Post by NeilZ »

faithmc wrote:I am having trouble saving reports in word. (I have version 2003) I get the error message "You are attempting to open a file that was created in an earlier version of Microsoft Office. This file type is blocked from opening in this version by your registry policy setting" I have recently installed V 11.5, and have not previously had problems saving reports. Can you tell me if this is a problem with my computer, or the installation of the new version?
I'm surprised that you weren't getting this error before, as the report generator saves in the basic Word 97-2000 format it always has from v8 to v11.1.

Its a setting that Microsoft added in a Word 2003 update, and is built-in all newer versions of Office. The fix can be found in this Powerchurch Knowledge Base article:

https://www.powerchurch.com/support/kb.php?id=79&type=1

It will direct you to an article on the Microsoft site.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.