Error Message when doing a backup

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

FBCVandalia

Error Message when doing a backup

Post by FBCVandalia »

I am getting the following error message before doing a back-up ,
OLE Error code:0x80040154: class not registered. OLE object is being ignored. record number 17. i click ok
then get this message:
OLE Error code:0x80040154: class not registered. OLE object is being ignored. record number 26. click ok
and am able to do the back -up

but when I try to verify the back-up get this message:
Program: FRM_PCBACKUP.SETUP_PAGE
line: 26
Error: 1734
Message: Property OLE_BackupList is not found. It then shuts the program down.

I'm working on the set up proces on my labtop and then taking this back to the main computer in church office. I have been able to restore my information to the main computer with no problem, the first time. But am concerned as to what this means and if I need to do something about this before I get to much information inputted at home and loss it.
:?: :cry:

NeilZ

Re: Error Message when doing a backup

Post by NeilZ »

FBCVandalia wrote:I am getting the following error message before doing a back-up ,
OLE Error code:0x80040154: class not registered. OLE object is being ignored. record number 17. i click ok
then get this message:
OLE Error code:0x80040154: class not registered. OLE object is being ignored. record number 26. click ok
and am able to do the back -up

but when I try to verify the back-up get this message:
Program: FRM_PCBACKUP.SETUP_PAGE
line: 26
Error: 1734
Message: Property OLE_BackupList is not found. It then shuts the program down.

I'm working on the set up proces on my labtop and then taking this back to the main computer in church office. I have been able to restore my information to the main computer with no problem, the first time. But am concerned as to what this means and if I need to do something about this before I get to much information inputted at home and loss it.
:?: :cry:
What are you trying to backup ?? A full backup ?? A module area backup ??
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

The 'Class not registered' message *almost* always is fixed by running Netsetup to reinstall the system files.

If this is a newer version (I think 10 and higher) you can go to Help > About PowerChurch Plus and right click on the System Information tab. Choose Run Netsetup.

FBCVandalia

Post by FBCVandalia »

Zorak:
Thanks for the information - Completed your instructions and the error message is gone. Thanks again!

I have version 11.5 of the software and was trying to do a back up for the accounting module only.
:D