"PowerChurch Today" Window Not Showing All Birthdays

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

R.V.Fagan

"PowerChurch Today" Window Not Showing All Birthdays

Post by R.V.Fagan »

We have just discovered that after launching the 'PowerChurch Today' window, it does not display all the birthdays and anniversaries to ALL users, however it does display some to everybody. Is there a user specific option that we are missing or unaware of?

Also, is there a filter that can be set that prevents deceased persons from being displayed in these birthday and anniversary lists?

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: "PowerChurch Today" Window Not Showing All Birthdays

Post by Zorak »

In the User Setup Options (under File > Preferences > User Setup Options) on the Today tab, you can set all those options. It sounds like some people have set those options, others haven't.

When you select "Birthdays" in the list, it asks for birthdays occurring in the next X days, then also lists all the Personal Status Codes with check boxes, so you can limit the results. The same selection options are on the Anniversaries and other lists available in the Today window.

R.V.Fagan

Post by R.V.Fagan »

That was it - I hadn't keyed into the fact that each item has it's own options. I should have paid closer attention. Thanks so much for the prompt response.

matthewsdavid

Post by matthewsdavid »

I have an interesting issue with the "Powerchurch Today" panel not showing all birthdays. In my case it is a Youth under the age of 18. Is there some kind of automatic filter that is filtering out the Youth? Other birthdays in this range appear properly. Thanks.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

matthewsdavid wrote:I have an interesting issue with the "Powerchurch Today" panel not showing all birthdays. In my case it is a Youth under the age of 18. Is there some kind of automatic filter that is filtering out the Youth? Other birthdays in this range appear properly. Thanks.
Does this person have the same Personal Profile Code as the other records? If you click on the Settings button for the Powerchurch Today window, then select BIRTHDAYS from the list, you'll get the two options that filter that display.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.