Roll Based Access?

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

red3recon

Roll Based Access?

Post by red3recon »

Does PowerChurch support multiple accounts with access restrictions to certain areas? For example, I have a team who does record maintenance and one who does accounting. I don't want the normal users to even see $ data, let alone modify it. If so, is there a "master administrator" account?

Thanks!

NeilZ

Re: Roll Based Access?

Post by NeilZ »

red3recon wrote:Does PowerChurch support multiple accounts with access restrictions to certain areas? For example, I have a team who does record maintenance and one who does accounting. I don't want the normal users to even see $ data, let alone modify it. If so, is there a "master administrator" account?

Thanks!
Yes ... under FILE - > Preferences -> Passwords you can setup access for individual users, and groups of users. The systems admin account is the master.

All this is covered in the Powerchurch manual which you should have received with the software.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Jeff
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Jeff »

When you setup passwords, there is a master administrator account. It is named "System Administrator" there is a master password for this account. You can then create user accounts and assign them areas they have access to.

To make administration easier you can also create group accounts and assign the privileges to the group. You then assign users to the group. ie. create a "Accounting" group and then assign people to that group and they will inherit the privileges of that group. You could also create an "Maintenance" group and assign the privileges there then assign people to this group. A user can assigned to multiple groups.

red3recon

Post by red3recon »

Outstanding! Thank you!