Trouble Downloading Maintenance Releases

This forum is dedicated to information about Maintenance Releases

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

SOLChurch

Trouble Downloading Maintenance Releases

Post by SOLChurch »

I am currently using version 11.5. I have tried to download Maintenance Releases for a few months, but I keep getting an error message.....

Download validation failed with the following: There was a problem connecting to the server. Please try again later.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Lezlie

NeilZ

Re: Trouble Downloading Maintenance Releases

Post by NeilZ »

SOLChurch wrote:I am currently using version 11.5. I have tried to download Maintenance Releases for a few months, but I keep getting an error message.....

Download validation failed with the following: There was a problem connecting to the server. Please try again later.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Lezlie
Are you trying to download through the program? Try downloading directly using this link:

https://www.powerchurch.com/mr/

You'll be asked for the information found when you press the ALT-F1 keys.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

SOLChurch wrote:Download validation failed with the following: There was a problem connecting to the server. Please try again later.
In most cases, this is caused by a security software like antivirus/firewall. PowerChurch was able to contact our server to find out that a new Maintenance Release was available, but then when it started trying to download the install file, something cut off the connection and shut it down.

The program that performs the check for new MRs is called pcautomr11 (or 115). Set up an exception/white list entry for that file, so that the antivirus won't kill it when the MR begins to download.

imm

Post by imm »

I have viper. Do I need to inactivate it while I upgrade maintenance?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

imm wrote:I have viper. Do I need to inactivate it while I upgrade maintenance?
Viper has a way to add program exceptions, I would add the program pcautomr.exe to that so Viper allows it access past the firewall.

Here are the instructions which I found at the Vipre support site:
http://kb.threattracksecurity.com/artic ... earch&pn=1

That said, you can test the system to see if the firewall is the problem by disabling the firewall, and then select Download Maintenance Release from the Powerchurch HELP menu.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

imm

Post by imm »

Thank you! With viper inactivated, all went well! Just wondering if windows 8 might also be a factor. Any thoughts on this?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

imm wrote:Thank you! With viper inactivated, all went well! Just wondering if windows 8 might also be a factor. Any thoughts on this?
No .. I've got PCPlus 11.55 running on Win7, Win8 and WinXP and there's no problem. The firewall was the issue.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.