Also having trouble downloading Maintenance Release

This forum is dedicated to information about Maintenance Releases

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

faithmc

Also having trouble downloading Maintenance Release

Post by faithmc »

I am also having trouble downloading the maintenance release! I get the following error:
file access is denied c:\programfiles\powerchurch\pcplus115\pcp115mr.exe.

We recently got a new computer, and this is the first time I've tried downloading a maintenance release. Is something set up wrong?

Lorisa

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Also having trouble downloading Maintenance Release

Post by Zorak »

PowerChurch shouldn't be installed in the Program Files folder. You will have user permissions issues because of this. The software should be installed in the C:\PowerChurch or some other non-system protected directory.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

To fix this, do a backup of the database and save that on a flash drive, CD, or another drive other than C:. Make sure you write down the registration number as shown under ABOUT:Powerchurch listed under the Help menu.

Uninstall Powerchurch Plus, then reinstall Powerchurch using the default settings of C:\PowerChurch.

If, for some reason, this is NOT showing as the default, change what is shown to the default. Once the program is reinstalled, start up the program, do NOT select the 'upgrade', but select a NEW installation, enter the church data as requested with the Registration number.

Let the program create an empty database, then select UTILITIES->Backup & Restore Files. Restore the backup that you made in the beginning. You should be back to normal, and the system should then download the Maintenance Release.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Dennis B

Post by Dennis B »

My PC is in c:\powerchurch directory though, but still I could not download maintenance release. it says "Download validation failed: we were unable to find registration number in our records". Will appreciate prompt response. Thanks!

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Dennis B wrote:My PC is in c:\powerchurch directory though, but still I could not download maintenance release. it says "Download validation failed: we were unable to find registration number in our records". Will appreciate prompt response. Thanks!
Did you ever register your version of Powerchurch online? If so, you should be able to manually download the Maintenance Release by going to the main Powerchurch.com website, click on the DOWNLOAD menu item, and select MAINTENANCE RELEASES. You should then be able to download the update to your computer.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

Send me an e-mail here through the forum, or just send an e-mail to support@powerchurch.com.

Let me know your registration number and church name and I will see what I can find out for you.