Maintenance releases

This forum is dedicated to information about Maintenance Releases

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

prentz

Maintenance releases

Post by prentz »

HI,
We have Powerchurch version 10.4 and have not updated with any maintenance releases. We've not used any of the modules except the contributions and activities and skills. We are looking at starting to use the accounting module and I am wondering if any of the maintenance releases were for the accounting. If I need to update, where do I start and what kind of changes can I expect?

Thanks so much.
Penni

NeilZ

Re: Maintenance releases

Post by NeilZ »

prentz wrote:HI,
We have Powerchurch version 10.4 and have not updated with any maintenance releases. We've not used any of the modules except the contributions and activities and skills. We are looking at starting to use the accounting module and I am wondering if any of the maintenance releases were for the accounting. If I need to update, where do I start and what kind of changes can I expect?

Thanks so much.
Penni
First off ... it doesn't matter if any of the MRs updated accounting or not, you should install the MR. The last MR created for v10.4 will include all the previous MRs.

That said ... before you start I'd talk to your church board about upgrading to v11.5. The upgrade is only $149, but it will give you the latest version, full support for 90 days, and upgrades for ALL modules. Version 10.4 is no longer supported, and there will not be any fixes to the program. In addition, if you're thinking of using the Payroll module, you won't be able to be able to print any of the IRS forms, as they are not being updated for v10.4 any longer.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

prentz

Post by prentz »

Thank you so much. I appreciate your help.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

prentz wrote:Thank you so much. I appreciate your help.
You're welcome, I need to clarify what I meant by support for 90 days. That is telephone support, and the timeline starts on your first call to Powerchurch. You can always get free advice on the forum.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.