Version 11 - 03/30/2016 Maintenance Release

This forum is dedicated to information about Maintenance Releases

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Version 11 - 03/30/2016 Maintenance Release

Post by Zorak »

A new Maintenance Release dated 03/30/2016 has been released for PowerChurch Plus Version 11.

The program will automatically download and install this update by going to Help > Download Maintenance Release, or you can manually download and install the Maintenance Release installer by visiting http://www.powerchurch.com/mr in your web browser.

This Maintenance Release resolves the following issues:

Personal Profiles
  • E-mail Directory report does not distinguish between unlisted family or personal e-mails
Payroll
  • Add Quarter number and year (when appropriate) to subtitle of 941 Tax Deposit Report
Events
  • Cannot add new events if previous attempts had failed

KarinK22

Re: Version 11 - 03/30/2016 Maintenance Release

Post by KarinK22 »

I also noticed that we cannot update our PRINT NOW cheques... even when I change it --- it always comes back when I go to print.

this happened the Main. release right before this one.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

KarinK22 wrote:I also noticed that we cannot update our PRINT NOW cheques... even when I change it --- it always comes back when I go to print.

this happened the Main. release right before this one.
Do you mean Pay Now ?? I'm not seeing that behavior here. Have you done a REINDEX lately ?? This is on v11.1, right ?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

KarinK22

Post by KarinK22 »

When I'm in A/P --- I select "Print Computer Gen.. Chqs" -- then UNSELECT them all ... (which basically changes all the "pay now" settings to NO ... then hit print -- of course it then says I have no cheq2ues to print! But at that point - now ALL my invoices have had their "print now" settings changed to NO (which is what i want)
THEN I go and Authorize Selected Payments -- choose the criteria of which chqs I want to print -- then I go back in to "Print Comp.. Gen Chqs" -- and then the ones I want are now ticked.. so I print them!

This is how I've been doing it for 5 years! .. NOW when I do it --- it doesn't actually change print now to no's --- I have to go through the Maintain Open invoices and click through all of them to make sure they are all set to NO (for pay now) .. which takes a lot longer than before.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

KarinK22 wrote:When I'm in A/P --- I select "Print Computer Gen.. Chqs" -- then UNSELECT them all ... (which basically changes all the "pay now" settings to NO ... then hit print -- of course it then says I have no cheq2ues to print! But at that point - now ALL my invoices have had their "print now" settings changed to NO (which is what i want)
THEN I go and Authorize Selected Payments -- choose the criteria of which chqs I want to print -- then I go back in to "Print Comp.. Gen Chqs" -- and then the ones I want are now ticked.. so I print them!

This is how I've been doing it for 5 years! .. NOW when I do it --- it doesn't actually change print now to no's --- I have to go through the Maintain Open invoices and click through all of them to make sure they are all set to NO (for pay now) .. which takes a lot longer than before.
Did you just upgrade to Version 11?? This action of going to 'authorize payments' was required in previous versions of Powerchurch, but no longer as the system will give you a list of checks that need printing. You can just select which ones you want to print from there.

The only reason the 'pay now' block was included (according to the Powerchurch manual) was to aid users who were used to it from PCPlus version 10.5 and earlier. Powerchurch v11.x will only print those checks that you select when you click on the "Print Computer Generated Checks", and then select from that list that appears. What this has done is actually save you a step.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

KarinK22

Post by KarinK22 »

I'm using 11.1
It has worked until last week.

As soon as you "add" an invoice --- the settings are default to "pay now" ---- so when you use the authorize - it should overwrite --- OR you should be able to unselect all cheques! ..

Of course you can manually click on each cheque -- but then what is the authorize option even there!

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

KarinK22 wrote:I'm using 11.1
It has worked until last week.

As soon as you "add" an invoice --- the settings are default to "pay now" ---- so when you use the authorize - it should overwrite --- OR you should be able to unselect all cheques! ..

Of course you can manually click on each cheque -- but then what is the authorize option even there!
As I mentioned above, prior to v11, there was no list of checks displayed when you clicked on the 'Print Computer Generated Checks', the only way you could authorized checks was to use the authorize function. They kept that for those users who were used to it.

You have the option now to choose what checks you want to print from the list presented, so you don't have to go through another step to release them. I suspect that the 'pay now' and the 'authorized' functions will eventually go away as I suspect most people don't use them any longer.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

This was a side effect of some changes that were made in Accounts Payable in the previous Maintenance Release. In this particular instance, the program was not handling the data files in the safest way in between the invoice selection and check printing steps. A poorly timed power outage or system error could cause corruption and data loss.

It sounds like your previous workflow was making use of this risky data handling and unfortunately, will no longer function that way.