Version 11.5 - 05/18/2016 Maintenance Release

This forum is dedicated to information about Maintenance Releases

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Version 11.5 - 05/18/2016 Maintenance Release

Post by Zorak »

A new Maintenance Release dated 05/18/2016 has been released for PowerChurch Plus Version 11.5.

The program will automatically download and install this update by going to Help > Download Maintenance Release, or you can manually download and install the Maintenance Release installer by visiting http://www.powerchurch.com/mr in your web browser.

PowerChurch Online servers will updated automatically overnight, so PowerChurch Online users need not take any action to receive this update.

This Maintenance Release resolves the following issues:

Personal Profiles
  • All references to Olan Mills pictorial directories removed from the program and help documentation.
Attendance
  • Activity Attendance report now has option to exclude people who were absent across the selected date range.
Constant Contact Sync
  • After sync report now shows a list of people who were excluded because of e-mail validation errors.
Contributions
  • Data Entry Only users cannot run reports from the Quick Tasks window
  • Mailing labels in Contributions should use the same name formatting routine as other "envelope name" functionality.
  • Help buttons in Import From Vanco do not link to the correct help topics.
  • Vanco import does not allow fees expense account to be used in a contribution fund (if you have a fund that people can contribute to, offsetting Vanco fees).
  • Vanco import should not allow a sub-account of the checking account to be used as transit account.
  • When posting multiple dates of Contributions into a single transaction in Fund Accounting, a note is now added to the transaction that shows the list of contribution dates.
Fund Accounting
  • Recall Repeating Transaction can select wrong account in specific scenario.
  • Budget Entry screen should show a warning if no accounts are set to be budgeted.
  • Income & Expense by Year report now has "Year ending 2016" column header labels for clarification.
  • Income & Expense by Year refresh report options does not properly select same month/year range.
Accounts Payable
  • Memo field on printed checks is now included on the Selected Paid Items report if you include notes.
  • Show a warning message if you mark an invoice to be included on 1099 if the vendor is not set to be included on 1099.
Payroll
  • 941/W2/1099-MISC forms all store tax IDs separately. If one is in place, should be shared across all.
  • New option to include employer name and address on pay stubs to meet some state requirements.
  • New option to include hourly pay rate on pay stubs to meet some state requirements.
  • Employee Social Security Number on pay stubs is now masked (-XX-1234) for security and to meet some state requirements.
  • Show age calculation next to birth date field on Maintain List of Employees
  • Duplicate employee records are now combined on W2 forms.
Education Library
  • Reference is now listed in the Locate list on Maintain Education Library.
  • Duplicate e-mail logic is improved. Partial matches no longer trigger duplicate handling.
Events
  • Printed monthly calendar does not list event times.
General
  • New font installed (PowerChurch Mono) to replace Courier New as default font on mailing labels, computer checks, tax forms, custom reports, and Rolodex/3x5 cards.
  • Export to Access errors if you try to run a second instance of the export utility.
  • Date lookup tool should not show *bad date*, default back to today if selected year goes beyond 9999.
  • Add default options to Quick Tasks menu when adding new users.

Melinda O.

Re: Version 11.5 - 05/18/2016 Maintenance Release

Post by Melinda O. »

I downloaded the latest maintenance release and now the date does not print on my check stub. Is there a correction for this?

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

Yes, this was an oversight and has been fixed internally. We will hopefully get a new release out Monday or Tuesday.

SASecretary

Post by SASecretary »

I am trying to update the 11.5 maintenance release, and I keep getting an error code.

"An error occurred while trying to replace the existing file: Deletefile failed; code 32"

All attempts to retry yield the same results. Suggestions?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

SASecretary wrote:I am trying to update the 11.5 maintenance release, and I keep getting an error code.

"An error occurred while trying to replace the existing file: Deletefile failed; code 32"

All attempts to retry yield the same results. Suggestions?
There may be a few things to look at:

1. Is anyone else on the network using Powerchurch ?? If so, have them log out.
2. Do you have ADMIN rights under Windows? If not, you will need to have someone who does do the install. If you do, then reboot the computer and try the install again.

Let us know what happens.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

SASecretary

Post by SASecretary »

there was an open window didn't appear on the screen until I closed everything and went to shut it down. Update is complete. thanks for the help. Thought I was losing my mind.