Version 11.5 - 08/10/2016 Maintenance Release

This forum is dedicated to information about Maintenance Releases

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Version 11.5 - 08/10/2016 Maintenance Release

Post by Zorak »

A new Maintenance Release dated 08/10/2016 has been released for PowerChurch Plus Version 11.5.

The program will automatically download and install this update by going to Help > Download Maintenance Release, or you can manually download and install the Maintenance Release installer by visiting http://www.powerchurch.com/mr in your web browser.

PowerChurch Online servers will updated automatically overnight, so PowerChurch Online users need not take any action to receive this update.

This Maintenance Release resolves the following issues:

Family Mailing List
  • Add family assistant does not allow you to go previous to the first step
  • Email address and age labels are not cleared out when adding a second family
Personal Profiles
  • It is possible to assign the same directory sequence to two profiles in the same family
Check In Setup Options
  • Personal Status Code selections are not properly saved
Contributions
  • Selected Contributors mail merge does not include $0 contributors
  • Selected Contributors mail merge ignores Include in Mailout setting
Accounts Payable
  • Error message when Find on Maintain Vendor Records
  • If no vendors exist, the Quick Add Vendor account lookups are disabled
Accounts Receivable
  • Invoice with negative dollar amount will not properly close
Fund Accounting
  • Bank Reconciliation - Deposits and Withdrawals lists should not both be active
  • Edit & Finish Accounting Setup - Add account error
Custom Reports
  • Tagged Profiles/Families selections do not accept "Y" or "N"
Events Calendar
  • If event times are visible on the calendar, they should also be included on the print calendar

tborgal

Re: Version 11.5 - 08/10/2016 Maintenance Release

Post by tborgal »

I have tried several times and can not get this release to download. I finally downloaded it from the PC website and now have it in the download folder but do not know how to get it to run from there either. Any ideas?
This is on my home computer running Windows 10.
Tom

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

tborgal wrote:I have tried several times and can not get this release to download. I finally downloaded it from the PC website and now have it in the download folder but do not know how to get it to run from there either. Any ideas?
This is on my home computer running Windows 10.
Just double click on the file, like any executable.

BTW .. were you seeing any errors when you were trying to download ?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

tborgal

Post by tborgal »

No errors when trying to download just no activity on the % download bar. When I click on the bar I am told that the Downloader is not responding.

I tried clicking on the file but it does nothing. The last time I tried it I was told the file could not be found. Have no idea where it is saving it. Did a search and the file does not show up in the list. Really odd.
Tom

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

tborgal wrote:No errors when trying to download just no activity on the % download bar. When I click on the bar I am told that the Downloader is not responding.

I tried clicking on the file but it does nothing. The last time I tried it I was told the file could not be found. Have no idea where it is saving it. Did a search and the file does not show up in the list. Really odd.
Weird ... what anti-virus are you using? I'm suspecting the 'new' security features M$ added to 'help' us .. :(

An alternative is to go the old 'DOS' command window route with Admin privilages.

Open the Start menu, and click/tap on All apps at the bottom. In All apps, scroll down and expand the Windows System folder, then right click on Command Prompt. From the right-click menu that appears, select Run as Administrator. CD to the location where the file is at, then just enter the title at the prompt, usually "pcp115mr.exe" .. it should start.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

tborgal

Post by tborgal »

Problem is, I don't know where the file is. I am not given an option as to where I want it save it and a search of the whole computer can not find it. I have not had a problem like this before. Not sure what has happened or changed. I am using Norton 360 anti virus.
Tom

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

tborgal wrote:Problem is, I don't know where the file is. I am not given an option as to where I want it save it and a search of the whole computer can not find it. I have not had a problem like this before. Not sure what has happened or changed. I am using Norton 360 anti virus.
What are you using as a browser? IE normally uses the c:/users/(your account name)/downloads directory.

If you open the 'This PC' link from the start menu or icon, or whatever. It should give you the file explorer, and you should find it under the directory tree on the left under 'This PC'.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

tborgal

Post by tborgal »

A reboot has resolved the problem. MR loaded within PC+ and installed fine. Not sure what was going on before the reboot.
As far as finding the file. It does not show up anywhere.
The browser I am using is Firefox.
Tom

tborgal

Post by tborgal »

Just for yuks I tried another download after the reboot and the file now shows up in the Downloaded Files folder. It was not there after the reboot until I did the new download.
Tom

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

tborgal wrote:Just for yuks I tried another download after the reboot and the file now shows up in the Downloaded Files folder. It was not there after the reboot until I did the new download.
Sounds like there was a few things going on there, I suspect some MS updates, as I had two Win 10 systems update today.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

tborgal

Post by tborgal »

Yup. There was an update done on the reboot. Got to love Microsoft.
Tom