Version 11.5 - 03/26/2018 Maintenance Release

This forum is dedicated to information about Maintenance Releases

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Version 11.5 - 03/26/2018 Maintenance Release

Post by Zorak »

A new Maintenance Release dated 03/26/2018 has been released for PowerChurch Plus Version 11.5.

The program will automatically download and install this update by going to Help > Download Maintenance Release, or you can manually download and install the Maintenance Release installer by visiting <a href="https://www.powerchurch.com/mr">https:/ ... .com/mr</a> in your web browser.

This Maintenance Release resolves the following issues:

Attendance
  • Fast Data Entry - Add Person - Not listed in alphabetical order and status isn't toggled correctly
Contributions
  • Repeating Contributions on last day of month can be released without a contribution date
  • Inconsistent functionality when contributions exist for an envelope that isn't assigned
  • Post Contributions - Check vs Cheque spelling
Fund Accounting
  • Subaccount Report doesn't calculate close-to equity balances
General
  • Mailing Label preview window is too large to fit screen

TimD

Re: Version 11.5 - 03/26/2018 Maintenance Release

Post by TimD »

I have PC 11.55.Forgetting that PC would automatically download the latest version of PC, I answered the email that another maintenance release was available and I clicked to download it.
Now everytime I open power church I get this message:

A new maintenance release has been downloaded would you like to install now?
If I click "no" it just asks me the same question next time I open power church.
If I click "yes" it says: "the latest version has already been installed."
If I click abort it just continues to give me the already installed message.
If I click retry it gives me the message:
an error occurred while trying, delete file failed: code 32. The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process."

How can I correct this?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Linda W wrote:I have PC 11.55.Forgetting that PC would automatically download the latest version of PC, I answered the email that another maintenance release was available and I clicked to download it.
Now everytime I open power church I get this message:

A new maintenance release has been downloaded would you like to install now?
If I click "no" it just asks me the same question next time I open power church.
If I click "yes" it says: "the latest version has already been installed."
If I click abort it just continues to give me the already installed message.
If I click retry it gives me the message:
an error occurred while trying, delete file failed: code 32. The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process."

How can I correct this?
Linda,

if you check the date in the 'About Powerchurch' item under the HELP menu, and its the date of the latest release, then do this:

1. Download another copy of the MR from the Powerchurch.com downloads area.
2. Do not download it to the Powerchurch directory, but to a temp directory on the computer (the one used as the server if you network the program).
3. Reboot the computer ... this solves a lot of issues about files in use.
4. Double click on the downloaded file and let it install.
5. Start Powerchurch. If you still get the error, let us know.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

TimD

Post by TimD »

So I checked the date to see our latest program date and it says 12/14/17. Our program is set to automatically install the MR as they come out so I'm not sure why it hasn't been updated since December. I did try turning off our computer and rebooting then opening Power Church program and it still says "the latest version has already been installed". It then says the message a new maintenance release has been downloaded would you like to install now? When trying different answers it still says error: code 32.
What should I do now?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Linda W wrote:So I checked the date to see our latest program date and it says 12/14/17. Our program is set to automatically install the MR as they come out so I'm not sure why it hasn't been updated since December. I did try turning off our computer and rebooting then opening Power Church program and it still says "the latest version has already been installed". It then says the message a new maintenance release has been downloaded would you like to install now? When trying different answers it still says error: code 32.
What should I do now?
Powerchurch does NOT automatically install MRs. You are notified that a new one is available, and then asked if you want to download. The system should then do so, and the next time you restart Powerchurch, it will install the update.

However, that does not appear to be happening. How is your system setup? Are you using a standalone computer, or is Powerchurch networked and used by many users?

That said, did you completely follow the steps I listed previously?? Download a fresh copy, etc ??
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

TimD

Post by TimD »

My MR installed over the weekend! Not sure why it worked now. I did shut down the computer last week like you suggested and rebooted then opened PC and at that time it didn't change anything...but over the weekend the latest version was installed. That said, I am now up to date. I am not networked to any other users, I'm a standalone computer. If this happens again I will keep your instructions to try to correct it. We are seriously looking into getting the new PC version 12. Thanks for your help!