Version 11.5 - 4/16/2020 Maintenance Release

This forum is dedicated to information about Maintenance Releases

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Version 11.5 - 4/16/2020 Maintenance Release

Post by Zorak »

A new Maintenance Release dated 04/16/2020 has been released for PowerChurch Plus Version 11.5.

The program will automatically download and install this update by going to Help > Download Maintenance Release, or you can manually download and install the Maintenance Release installer by visiting https://www.powerchurch.com/mr in your web browser.

This Maintenance Release addresses the following:

Email
  • Some users (non-Gmail) unable to send email after 4/13 update
  • Email address should be case insensitive when requesting OAuth token
  • Disable authentication fields/options when account is Gmail/G Suite

Greghc48

Re: Version 11.5 - 4/16/2020 Maintenance Release

Post by Greghc48 »

I'm using a gmail account to send email - and it was working until the last update. Got any ideas on what options to select to use just a standard gmail account for sending email reports from powerchurch - desktop version?

Thanks Greg

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Greghc48 wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:27 pm
I'm using a gmail account to send email - and it was working until the last update. Got any ideas on what options to select to use just a standard gmail account for sending email reports from powerchurch - desktop version?

Thanks Greg
What is happening is that Google is locking down security for all apps that access its infrastructure. This last MR is to allow the program to get proper authentication to access Gmail.

You should get a screen asking you to use your Google email account and password (the one used in Powerchurch) in order to authenticate the program.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

harrow

Post by harrow »

We had problems with the roll-out as well, even though the account properly shows PCP as being authorized to send email after going through the process. Everytime we tried to send, it asked to authorize the action, and after you did that it said it didn't work.

In our case, I believe the problem was that the from email did not exactly match the login name email address. They were both aliases for the same account, but I think the fact that they weren't the same caused PCP to not match them up properly.

Hope that helps.

-Jer

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

harrow wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:29 pm
We had problems with the roll-out as well, even though the account properly shows PCP as being authorized to send email after going through the process. Everytime we tried to send, it asked to authorize the action, and after you did that it said it didn't work.

In our case, I believe the problem was that the from email did not exactly match the login name email address. They were both aliases for the same account, but I think the fact that they weren't the same caused PCP to not match them up properly.

Hope that helps.

-Jer
Thanks for posting this. Your assessment is correct. The authorization needs to be given on the actual account you will be sending from. Otherwise, Google will keep asking you for authorization.

Greghc48

Post by Greghc48 »

Thanks to all for your responses. Got my email working by logging into church computer, followed the message to also log into our gmail account, set up app permissions, and it worked fine.
Hope this settles the issue - as it has been a little tricky through the years we've used PC to send emails.
So far, so good - so thanks again to all.
Greg