Version 12 - 2/16/2022 Maintenance Release

This forum is dedicated to information about Maintenance Releases

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Version 12 - 2/16/2022 Maintenance Release

Post by Zorak »

A new Maintenance Release dated 2/16/2022 has been released for PowerChurch Plus Version 12.

The program will automatically download and install this update by going to Help > Download Maintenance Release, or you can manually download and install the Maintenance Release installer by visiting https://www.powerchurch.com/mr in your web browser.

PowerChurch Online servers will be updated automatically overnight. For PowerChurch Online users, no further action needs to be taken.

This Maintenance Release includes the following:

Contributions
  • Statements - Email Sent Status report is not properly sorted
  • Tax Receipts - Print Test button errors when no envelopes exist
Payroll
  • Arkansas tax table has 68 brackets for 2022
  • Connecticut tax table UI now more closely resembles published tables

James Oxford

Re: Version 12 - 2/16/2022 Maintenance Release

Post by James Oxford »

Hello. Where can I request a feature be added to a future maintenance release?

In Membership > Attendance > Fast Data Entry, the "Add Person" brings up an "Add Attendees" window. I'd like to request 2 features:
  1. (should be fixed) The keyboard space/enter/etc button doesn't work to select the checkbox in this window like it does for other windows so the mouse is required. Note: I believe I've noticed this in other areas of the program too, but I can't remember where.
  2. (possibly just my preference) I'd like the option to disable the default to "Permanently add selected people to this activity" checkbox. The problem I have is that other users less familiar with the program sometimes take attendance and the add a one-time visitor, but forget to uncheck this box, therefore "permanently" adding them to the roster. Of course, I can fix the roster at a later date, but it would be nice not to have to do that.
Another feature, which may be too involved to qualify for a "maintenance release" (unsure) is the ability to Modify existing reports (e.g. use existing reports as a starting template to create a custom report). This would help reduce the steep learning curve of creating custom reports because it would pre-populate a starting point that can be learned from and modified/recreated.

Thanks!

NeilZ

Re: Version 12 - 2/16/2022 Maintenance Release

Post by NeilZ »

James Oxford wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:26 am
Hello. Where can I request a feature be added to a future maintenance release?

In Membership > Attendance > Fast Data Entry, the "Add Person" brings up an "Add Attendees" window. I'd like to request 2 features:
  1. (should be fixed) The keyboard space/enter/etc button doesn't work to select the checkbox in this window like it does for other windows so the mouse is required. Note: I believe I've noticed this in other areas of the program too, but I can't remember where.
  2. (possibly just my preference) I'd like the option to disable the default to "Permanently add selected people to this activity" checkbox. The problem I have is that other users less familiar with the program sometimes take attendance and the add a one-time visitor, but forget to uncheck this box, therefore "permanently" adding them to the roster. Of course, I can fix the roster at a later date, but it would be nice not to have to do that.
Another feature, which may be too involved to qualify for a "maintenance release" (unsure) is the ability to Modify existing reports (e.g. use existing reports as a starting template to create a custom report). This would help reduce the steep learning curve of creating custom reports because it would pre-populate a starting point that can be learned from and modified/recreated.

Thanks!
While they may have noted this message, its often better to send these requests directly to WISHLIST@powerchurch.com.

Include all the data you have above, as well as how it would save time for many other users.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.