Version 10 - 11/15/2007 MR

This forum is dedicated to information about Maintenance Releases

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Zephyr
Tech Support
Tech Support

v10 Maintenance Release dated 11-15-2007 now available!

Post by Zephyr »

Here are some of the issues that have been corrected in this Maintenance Release:

Depending on the two character fund designation, the last digit of the sub-account number could get dropped off the Open (Unposted) Items report in Accounts Payable.

Additional functionality was added to the Locate buttons on the Integrated Data Entry, Maintain Family Mailing List and Maintain Personal Profiles screens in Membership. These changes caused the hotkey functionality on the button to stop working.

Custom Reports exported from Version 10.4 could not be imported in either Version 10 or Version 10.4.

Under certain circumstances, changing the "active" status on an account could generate an error indicating that the "function requires row or table buffering mode."

When sending Contribution Statements by e-mail, if you were using the advanced sending options to slow down e-mail processing, the program would only send the first group of messages. It would not continue and send the second group of messages after pausing.

KBA

Reassign Vendor ID

Post by KBA »

Hi:

Thanks for adding the "Reassign Vendor ID" feature. It is great for clearing out old duplicate vendors. I notice however that if a vendor id I want to reassign is close to the one I want to reassign it to, I get an error message saying "You have chosen same ID for both options, please choose a different new ID." For example if I want to reassign vendor id JANEV to vendor id JANE, it does not work. I got around it by doing 2 reassigns (ie JANEV to SMITH and then SMITH to JANE), but it should be able to do it in one.

Thanks KBA

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Reassign Vendor ID

Post by Zorak »

KBA wrote:Hi:

Thanks for adding the "Reassign Vendor ID" feature. It is great for clearing out old duplicate vendors. I notice however that if a vendor id I want to reassign is close to the one I want to reassign it to, I get an error message saying "You have chosen same ID for both options, please choose a different new ID." For example if I want to reassign vendor id JANEV to vendor id JANE, it does not work. I got around it by doing 2 reassigns (ie JANEV to SMITH and then SMITH to JANE), but it should be able to do it in one.

Thanks KBA
That issue has been documented and will be fixed in an upcoming release. Thanks!

championcpa

F2 key and release number

Post by championcpa »

I am a former treasurer who installed the software years ago so am the first person current users ask when issues arise. To date, I have been fortunate to have the solutions. Last week, however, the F2 key ceased working when the bookkeeper tried to enter accounts payable and bring up the accounts. It now opens Microsoft Word!
I thought perhaps there had been a new release but couldn't see where the release was indicated. They have Vs. 10. I am not even sure that they download updates at all (but will recommend they do so).
Soooo, any ideas on the F2 key issue and is the release indicated anywhere within the software?

Thanks!

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: F2 key and release number

Post by Zorak »

championcpa wrote:I am a former treasurer who installed the software years ago so am the first person current users ask when issues arise. To date, I have been fortunate to have the solutions. Last week, however, the F2 key ceased working when the bookkeeper tried to enter accounts payable and bring up the accounts. It now opens Microsoft Word!
I thought perhaps there had been a new release but couldn't see where the release was indicated. They have Vs. 10. I am not even sure that they download updates at all (but will recommend they do so).
Soooo, any ideas on the F2 key issue and is the release indicated anywhere within the software?

Thanks!
It sounds like your keyboard may have different functions that are assignable to the function keys. You may want to look for an "F-Lock" or "Function Lock" key on the keyboard. There wasn't any change in PowerChurch Plus to take away the F2 lookup hot key.

championcpa

Post by championcpa »

Thanks so much for the reply. I've shared that with the office person who will check to see.

If you know about how to check for the current release (how to see it in Powerchurch), please let me know that, too!

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

In PowerChurch Plus, go to Help > About PowerChurch Plus > System Information tab.

The newest Program Date is 11/15/2007.

Go to http://powerchurch.com/mr to download and install the latest.

championcpa

Post by championcpa »

Thanks so much! I am virtually certain that no updates have been made as yet. I will see to it!