Version 10 - 07/07/2008 MR

This forum is dedicated to information about Maintenance Releases

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Zephyr
Tech Support
Tech Support

v10 Maintenance Release dated 7-7-2008 now available!

Post by Zephyr »

Here are some of the issues that have been corrected in this Maintenance Release:

If the path to a user's temp folder in Windows contains a space, clicking a header on a Locate screen to sort by that column would not work.

If the My Documents folder does not exist, attempting to attach a file to an outgoing bulk e-mail message would cause an "invalid path or file name" error.

If individuals in a family share an envelope number but have different e-mail addresses, only one of them will get their contribution statement when it is sent by e-mail.

If an individual has two e-mail addresses and one of them is not a valid address, the bulk e-mail utility would fail to send an e-mail to the valid address.

Under certain circumstances, when attempting to make a backup to a DVD-R/RW, the program would display the message indicating that it is not recommended to back up to the same drive where the program is installed.

Due to changes in a previous Maintenance Release relating to intelligent bar codes, attempting to reset the layout under the custom label settings would generate an error.

If you delete a custom code that is currently in use, the label for the code would be incorrect on the confirmation window that comes up to ask if you want to replace it with a different value or remove the code.

Having a customer record in Accounts Receivable with a blank last name would cause reindexing to fail.

If an open data file prevented posting in the Contributions module, the message displayed contained an extra line break in the text.

Having a large number of people assigned a task for an event could cause an error when trying to run certain reports in the Events module.

If you chose to print contribution statements just for those with a balance due on a pledge, the program would generate statements for anyone with a balance due on a pledge, even if the balance due is on a pledge to a fund outside the range that the statements were being run for.

When adding a new contributor or attender on the fly, the "include in bulk mailings" and "e-mail contribution statement" options were not getting checked (the default settings) on the Personal Profile record.

When posting in Fund Accounting, the grid showing the months there are transactions for only displayed three lines. This has been increased to show more lines.

When sending event e-mail reminders, if you were using the advanced sending options to slow down e-mail processing, the program would only send the first group of messages. It would not continue and send the second group of messages after pausing. These settings were completely ignored when sending task e-mails.

Attempting to print test labels would generate an error after installing the last Version 10 Maintenance Release.

Several grammatical and spelling errors were corrected.

rwillisiii

Date on maintenance release

Post by rwillisiii »

When I downloaded the maintenance release dated 7/7/08 and installed it the date on my program information under the "help" file does not show the date of 7/7/08. How do I know whether or not the release installed. Also, when I start the program it opens a window that tells me there is an new release available and do I want to download it. So, what is going on? Can you tell me?
RWillis

NeilZ

Re: Date on maintenance release

Post by NeilZ »

rwillisiii wrote:When I downloaded the maintenance release dated 7/7/08 and installed it the date on my program information under the "help" file does not show the date of 7/7/08. How do I know whether or not the release installed. Also, when I start the program it opens a window that tells me there is an new release available and do I want to download it. So, what is going on? Can you tell me?
RWillis
it does not sound like the MR installed properly. Did you run the executable file on the machine that contains the main Powerchurch program ??
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.