Printing Issue after latest Maintenance Update

This forum is dedicated to information about Maintenance Releases

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

bobfree

Printing Issue after latest Maintenance Update

Post by bobfree »

I am using version 10 of PC. Since installing the latest, 3/17/09. Maintenance Update I am having a problem printing reports to either printer or screen. This applies to printing in all modules of PC. I am using a Canon iP4200 ink jet printer and Windows XP. Each time I try to print to either printer or screen I get the following message:
The default paper of the current printer "Canon iP4200" is smaller than the Letter standard. Please select an appropriate Printer and Paper combination for proper formatting.
I have checked all the settings for the printer and they are OK. Also I have no problem printing in any other program.
Any suggestions on this condition would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob Freeman

Eden Whitehead

Post by Eden Whitehead »

OOPS! I just noticed you are in the PC Online forum. I'm not sure my response below applies to PC Online or not....

Bob, From what I've seen on several recent posts, there was an unintended consequence that came along with the 3/17 maintenance release (causing, in particular, email problems) which was remedied by a follow-up maintenance release dated 3/20 (or about that time). The follow-up was not broadcast by email as MRs usually are (I'm not quite sure I followed the logic for not emailing notification....). At any rate, I would suggest that you download the newer maintenance release and see if that takes care of your problem.

Hope this helps,
Eden
*Still* learning... and gratefully so!

bobfree

Post by bobfree »

Thanks Eden for the information on the new release. Unfortunately it did not resolve the problem I am having.

Bob Freeman

bobfree

Post by bobfree »

I think I have resolved my problem. It seems that my printer installation got a kink in it and this was causing my problem. I removed and then reinstalled the printer and things seem to be back to normal. It's strange that it happened about the same time I install the Maintenance Release. At this point I really don't know if it was in anyway related to the installation of the Maintenance Release but in any case reinstalling the printer resolved the issue.

Bob Freeman

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

FWIW ... I believe this is referring to the regular Powerchurch program, not Powerchurch Online, as anyone using Powerchurch online would not be installing any maintenance releases locally; all this is done by Powerchurch at their servers.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

bobfree

Post by bobfree »

My bad. I did get in the PC Online forum by mistake.

Bob