Version 10 - 3/30/2009 MR

This forum is dedicated to information about Maintenance Releases

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Zephyr
Tech Support
Tech Support

Version 10 - 3/30/2009 MR

Post by Zephyr »

Here are some of the issues that have been corrected in this Maintenance Release:

-----ACCOUNTS PAYABLE-----
On both the Maintain Open Invoices and Maintain Manual Checks screens, if you clicked the "release restricted funds" button but then clicked the "cancel" button, you would be prompted to save the changes when closing the form, even though no changes were actually made.

If you use large fonts in the display settings in Windows, an asterisk would appear in the "due day" field under the Maintain Auto-Repeating Items screen when using the spinner control to enter a two-digit number.

-----CONTRIBUTIONS-----
If you reassigned a fund number that happened to be used in the setup of Paperless Payments, the program would indicate that you could not change the number but would actually change it anyway.

-----GENERAL-----
PowerChurch Mailroom now includes functionality for doing move update processing on your mailing list. The option was added to the Utilities menu in the last Maintenance Release, but was grayed out and unavailable.

Eden Whitehead

Post by Eden Whitehead »

Right up front let me say I can't recall the sequence in which I have completed tasks today. That said....

I started the day by entering contributions and backed up contributions; no troubles at all.

Then at some point after that I downloaded the 3/30 MR for Version 10 on Windows XP SP2.

Whether before then or after then (I don't recall) I updated pledges--successfully.

Later (definitely after the MR download/install) I attempted to work in Accounts Payable. Initially I was able to Release Repeating Items as Open Items for days 1-28 of month 3 of year 2009. I entered one Manual check, then realized I had not changed the working month in FA to March. I popped into FA (without closing the Manual Check window in AP), made the change, came back to AP and attempted to enter the next Manual check. I made an error in entering the check number, deleted what was there to start over and nothing has been the same since!

By that I mean, whether PowerChurch or Windows or whatever, I am not able to enter anything in the data entry boxes, whether I am in AP, CO or FA.

For example, in AP when I attempt to Add a Manual check --

Step one is to change the date. As soon as I press a key, up comes an error message "Warning:Vendor ID is missing. Transaction cannot be saved." OK, except I was in the date box and not attempting to save any transaction since I hadn't made one yet.

Next example, in CO when I attempt to Maintain Pledges I cannot directly enter a Contribution fund no. (altho' I can if I use the little looking glass icon to access the list). Then I attempt to enter the Amount per period and as soon as I press a key the cursor jumps to the Start date box.

This kind of erratic behavior during data entry attempts is happening throughout PC+. I have restored from the backup I made this morning after entering contributions (the restore of course initiated an automatic reindexing); I have completely shut down the computer (stand-alone, no network) and rebooted; I have reindexed without doing a restore. Same inability to enter data in the little boxes.

Is it something in the MR? If not, is it local to my computer? Is it operator error? I'm stuck! What shall I do?

Hopefully,
Eden

Edit: I have restored all data files from last week. Still have same problem with data entry boxes.
Last edited by Eden Whitehead on Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*Still* learning... and gratefully so!

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

Eden Whitehead wrote:Right up front let me say I can't recall the sequence in which I have completed tasks today. That said....

I started the day by entering contributions and backed up contributions; no troubles at all.

Then at some point after that I downloaded the 3/30 MR for Version 10 on Windows XP SP2.

Whether before then or after then (I don't recall) I updated pledges--successfully.

Later (definitely after the MR download/install) I attempted to work in Accounts Payable. Initially I was able to Release Repeating Items as Open Items for days 1-28 of month 3 of year 2009. I entered one Manual check, then realized I had not changed the working month in FA to March. I popped into FA (without closing the Manual Check window in AP), made the change, came back to AP and attempted to enter the next Manual check. I made an error in entering the check number, deleted what was there to start over and nothing has been the same since!

By that I mean, whether PowerChurch or Windows or whatever, I am not able to enter anything in the data entry boxes, whether I am in AP, CO or FA.

For example, in AP when I attempt to Add a Manual check --

Step one is to change the date. As soon as I press a key, up comes an error message "Warning:Vendor ID is missing. Transaction cannot be saved." OK, except I was in the date box and not attempting to save any transaction since I hadn't made one yet.

Next example, in CO when I attempt to Maintain Pledges I cannot directly enter a Contribution fund no. (altho' I can if I use the little looking glass icon to access the list). Then I attempt to enter the Amount per period and as soon as I press a key the cursor jumps to the Start date box.

This kind of erratic behavior during data entry attempts is happening throughout PC+. I have restored from the backup I made this morning after entering contributions (the restore of course initiated an automatic reindexing); I have completely shut down the computer (stand-alone, no network) and rebooted; I have reindexed without doing a restore. Same inability to enter data in the little boxes.

Is it something in the MR? If not, is it local to my computer? Is it operator error? I'm stuck! What shall I do?

Hopefully,
Eden
Luckily, it sounds like the Num Lock on your keyboard is just turned off. Crisis narrowly averted!

Eden Whitehead

Post by Eden Whitehead »

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Good grief!!!

(My fingers may fly, but not so nimbly as I'd like sometimes!)

Thank you, Zorak!

Humbly,
Eden
*Still* learning... and gratefully so!