Version 11 - 01/21/2010 Maintenance Release

This forum is dedicated to information about Maintenance Releases

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Version 11 - 01/21/2010 Maintenance Release

Post by Zorak »

A new maintenance release dated 01/21/2010 is available for version 11.

The following items were fixed in this release:
  • An error can occur in the Google Calendar Sync process if you have a valid Google login, but no calendar
  • Links from within the program to external exe files, such as Google sync and Netsetup are looking in the local program directory, rather than the network program directory on network installs
  • Certain installs that occur from inside the program (reports, bar codes, etc) are not running properly
  • Certain menus have incorrect hot keys (ALT+...) assigned
  • Tab order is incorrect on Annual Budget Worksheet report options screen
  • Cash Management report does not include unposted Payroll figures
  • Errors can occur when running the 941 assistant
  • Housing Allowance does not show correctly on 941 and W2 for Social Security and Medicare wages
  • In certain instances, pastor salary does not show properly in state wages on W2
  • Possible to have negative dollar amounts showing on the W2 form
  • Maintain Tax Tables screen doesn't open the appropriate help document when pressing F1
  • Receipt number not printing properly on new Canadian Tax Receipt layout
  • Possible that Contribution Statements show check number as "..."
  • Contribution Statements sorted by zip code ignores alternate address zip code
  • Possible error when e-mailing contribution statements
  • Middle initial added to Canadian Tax Receipt
  • Bank Deposit Slip report not grouping checks properly
  • Possible error message in converting custom reports ("Variable MB_OK not found")
  • Add New Code causes an error when adding a new Event
  • When sending bulk e-mails, if a person does not have an e-mail address, an error could occur

kjellnygren

Re: Version 11 - 01/21/2010 Maintenance Release

Post by kjellnygren »

Error on google sync attempt:

PowerChurch Google Calendar Sync
Program: setdirectory
Line: 111
Error 1

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

We have gotten it documented and are checking on it now.

tborgal

Post by tborgal »

I have updated two different computers with this MR and both of them have reverted back to the 1/6/2010 date. Something seems to be wrong here. Also the automatic update from within PC+ does not recognize that an update needs to be made.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

[quote="tborgal"]I have updated two different computers with this MR and both of them have reverted back to the 1/6/2010 date. Something seems to be wrong here. Also the automatic update from within PC+ does not recognize that an update needs to be made.[/quote]

Tom,

I don't see this issue here. I applied the MR to two separate installations here, and they both took.

FWIW ... are these machines networked ?? I believe you only need to update the server and its them propagated through the system.

doihaveto

Post by doihaveto »

When I try to update it says "The latest version is already installed." We have not yet done this update. I had problems with the first maintenance release not working/updating within PowerChurch either. Eventually I just downloaded it, but what's the point of having it built in.

tborgal

Post by tborgal »

I did in fact update the server in both cases. When I checked after the update, which I had to do manually because I to was told that the software was up to date, the date was corrected. After I logged on from a networked computer the update appeared to be done on the networked PC but when I checked the date it was 1/6/2010 on both PC and the server. It was like the networked PC put the previous MR on the server. Is this possible?

Tracy
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Tracy »

[quote="tborgal"]
It was like the networked PC put the previous MR on the server. Is this possible?
[/quote]
No. The code will only copy down to the local machine. What is the Version you see in the Right click properties of the actual pcplus11.exe on the server(s)? 11.2010.???

[quote="doihaveto"]
When I try to update it says "The latest version is already installed." ...
Eventually I just downloaded it, but what's the point of having it built in.
[/quote]
There was a problem with the version validation in the 12/23/2009 and 1/6/2010 builds. The 1/21/2010 build has this corrected and it will properly download for that build on.

tborgal

Post by tborgal »

The version in both cases is 11.2010.62.0.

tborgal

Post by tborgal »

I think I may have found the problem. The old MR was residing in the PCP11 directory. I would assume that if the automatic MR download worked this file would be overwritten. After the new MR was run the program was automatically launched and I got the window telling me that files were being extracted and PC would then open. When I checked the date it was still 1/6/2010 and the file version was 11.2010.62.0. I removed the old MR from the directory and again ran the new MR. When PC launched I did not get the window telling me files were being extracted and the date was now 1/21/2010 and the file version is 11.2010.211.0. I am assuming that the same situation exists on the other server but currently can not access it to find out.

tborgal

Post by tborgal »

Checked the server at the church and the same situation existed. If you don't check the version date after the MR is installed you will end up back with the old one and not even know it. So as long as the 1/6 release is in the PCP directory it will reload as soon as you open PCP and put you back to that release.

Tracy
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Tracy »

That does not sound like what was planned.
I'll be sure to look into this to see if the next release will stop this behavior.
Thanks for the detective work.