Version 11 - 02/23/2010 Maintenance Release

This forum is dedicated to information about Maintenance Releases

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Version 11 - 02/23/2010 Maintenance Release

Post by Zorak »

A Maintenance Release dated 02/23/2010 was released for Version 11 that addressed the following issues:

- Contributions - An error occurs when clicking the Lookup button on Year Pledge Processing
- Contributions > Custom Reports - Designation information not available in custom reports
- Contributions - Help files correction: Bank Deposit Slip does not filter by Contribution Type

- Fund Accounting > Custom Reports - Access denied error if user does not have permissions for Accounts Payable
- Fund Accounting - Duplicate trans_no causes certain transactions to not show in bank reconciliation
- Fund Accounting > Balance Sheet By Fund report - Account numbers are always printed. Setting ignored.
- Fund Accounting > Reconcile Bank Accounts - (Feature change) Sort first by reference, then by date
- Fund Accounting > Detail Changes in Equity - Report does not include direct transactions

- Accounts Payable > Release Repeating - The Clear All button doesn't do anything
- Accounts Payable > Release Repeating - Ignores next release date
- Accounts Payable - Add Vendor from Manual Check or Invoice screen and "State" field is not saved

- Payroll - The Line Description is wrong on Fund Accounting transaction from Payroll checks
- Payroll - Voids stored in data as positive hours instead of negative
- Payroll - Don't process selected items does not stop processing the items
- Payroll - Clicking the Print Test button on the W3 align page causes an error
- Payroll - Contribution deduction items don't show on check stub
- Payroll - Employee start date required to issue checks

- Events - Google sync fails with hosted Google accounts
- Events - Google sync may error with "specified key exists"
- Events > Google Sync - Changing an event description does not trigger the update in sync

- Family Mailing List > Import Data - (Feature change) Display better error reporting, when a problem with file format

- Visitations > Custom Reports - Visitation codes not displayed properly

- Attendance > Register Form - (Feature change) Always show role in Weekly Column Format
- Attendance > Detail Attendance By Activity Type report - (Feature change) Now grouped by family, sorted alphabetically

tborgal

Re: Version 11 - 02/23/2010 Maintenance Release

Post by tborgal »

I am not getting the message that a new maintenance release is available and when I select the option to download maintenance release I am told I have the latest release. I thought the 1/25/2010 release was supposed to fix this problem?

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

What program date do you have showing currently?

tborgal

Post by tborgal »

1/25/2010 is my current program date.

Eden Whitehead

Post by Eden Whitehead »

I had the exact same experience. I just went to the Downloads page of the website and did the download. However, I was very puzzled by the fact I didn't get the automatic message and even more puzzled by getting the message that I had the latest release, even though the program date shown was 1/25/2010.

Eden

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Same response here. However, I went to the Powerchurch\PC PLUS11 directory and saw that the previous MR executable (PCP11MR.EXE) was sitting in the directory. After I deleted the file, then did the [i]Download Maintenance Release[/i], it correctly identified that there was a new MR, and then it proceeded to ask if I wanted to download it.

Something tells me that the presence of that MR file is causing a problem ;)

Tracy
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Tracy »

I see the problem, and NeilZ is correct. Delete the pcp11mr.exe from the PCPLUS11 folder and the new MR will download. I'll get this corrected in the next MR.

Eden Whitehead

Post by Eden Whitehead »

Here is a little more info from my latest experience (my earlier post on this issue was when I downloaded the 2/23/2010 MR to my laptop at home. Today I am in the office).

Following NeilZ's and Tracy's posts, I did not delete the previous pcp11mr.exe but I did rename it (same effect, right?). Then I opened PC+v11 (Windows XP) and logged in. So far, no message that MR update is available. So I clicked on Help-->About PowerChurch Plus. Now the MR update message is displayed. I click on Yes and the download proceeds. When it is finished and I get the prompt to close PC+, I do that. Here is where it gets strange again -- I went through this twice so will give you both situations.

The first time, when I clicked on the icon to reopen PC+ I got the message that a new MR is available BEFORE the program ever opened. I found that puzzling (since I had just downloaded the MR), clicked on No and opened the program. Then I got the message again; still puzzled, I clicked on Yes. The MR download proceeded and got about 3/4 complete when it seemed to hang, even though Task Manager said it was still running. I waited what seemed a reasonable amount of time then ended the task without it ever progressing any further.

In the Powerchurch\PC PLUS11 directory I saw the first pcp11mr.exe file, listed as an application, and a second file, pcp11mr.tmp, listed as a temp file. I deleted both of them and started from the top.

Opened PC+v11, no MR update message until I clicked on Help-->About PowerChurch Plus, then got the MR update message, clicked on Yes, MR downloaded, I closed PC+. As before, when I clicked on the icon to reopen PC+ I got the message that a new MR is available BEFORE the program ever opened. I checked the directory and there was the pcp11mr.exe file with the correct timestamp. I went back to the MR update prompt and clicked on No, opened PC+, clicked on Help-->About..., got the MR update message yet again, clicked on No again, then checked the program date. Guess what -- 1/25/2010!

So now I will do as I did on the laptop -- download directly from the website.

Sorry for the length of this post. I'm hoping the additional info will help with the fix.

Eden

EDIT: Well, after the direct download from the website, I had the same experience of the MR update message popping up BEFORE the program opened and afterwards; and Help-->About... showing a program date of 1/25/2010. (Oh, and I deleted all pcp11mr files from the directory before starting this time.)

I guess when I downloaded to my laptop at home I must've called it a night and never tried to reopen PC+....

tborgal

Post by tborgal »

Eden,

The message you are getting when you start PC+ is telling you that the new relaease has already been downloaded and asking you if you want to run it. If you click yes here the new release will be loaded and you should then have the date of the new release.

Eden Whitehead

Post by Eden Whitehead »

Uh, duh! Thanks for setting me straight. Sorry to have wasted folks' time. If Smilies were on I'd have to paste up a bunch of red-faced ones!!!!

tborgal

Post by tborgal »

No Problem. I don't know how many times I have blown right by one of those choice windows thinking I new what it said before I had even read it.

Eden Whitehead

Post by Eden Whitehead »

Yup! And now that I'm home and back on the laptop, I discover that I knew what to do last night, but was in too much of a fog this morning -- even after coffee! Or maybe that's the problem -- so much caffeine I just blew by the info window w/o reading. Gotta slow down! Thanks again.
Eden

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

Just for clarification, the program will automatically check for a new Maintenance Release once a week on a schedule. If it checks and you say no to download it, you won't get the check and the message again for a week, so as not to nag you about it.

You can make it happen every time by going to Help > About, or Help > Download Maintenance Release.