Version 11 - 02/08/2011 Maintenance Release

This forum is dedicated to information about Maintenance Releases

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Version 11 - 02/08/2011 Maintenance Release

Post by Zorak »

A new Maintenance Release dated 2/8/2011 has been released for Version 11.

The program will automatically download and install this update by going to Help > Download Maintenance Release, or you can manually download and install the Maintenance Release installer by visiting http://powerchurch.com/mr in your web browser.

The following changes were made in this Maintenance Release:
  • Contributions
  • Added memo and designation information to the Full Fund Details Contribution Statement
  • Added "Include designations" option on the Posted and Unposted Contributions reports
  • Canadian Tax Receipt sample #1 layout causes a "Enter parameter" prompt because of missing Location field
  • Total by envelope field on the Enter Contributions screen not always accurate

Fund Accounting
  • Changing the default bank account does not properly update the Payroll checking account
  • Income & Expense Statement columns do not refresh properly

Accounts Payable
  • Reassign Vendor ID errors if vendor ID starts with a space
  • Maintain Computer Checks screen does not properly link to open the Maintain Open Invoices screen when clicking the "Invoices paid by this check" link
  • Error printing 1099-MISC forms if you have a space in the temp directory path
  • Short note field added to vendor lookups

Payroll
  • Middle initial does not print on W2
  • Added separate totals for direct deposit, checks, and manual checks on the Payroll Check Register report
  • With "validate accounting transaction" unchecked, you can now choose any type of account for any Payroll item setup.
  • Item Summary report does not refresh properly
  • Option to reissue a voided PR check can create negative hours on check
  • The last digit of SSN is cut off on the W2
  • Mailing labels print Last Name, First Name in Payroll. First Name Last Name everywhere else
  • Setup Payroll Assistant now prompts for separate Employee and Employer Social Security amounts
  • Tax types could not be deleted, even if not in use
  • Added calendar year to the title in Quarterly Report
  • Item Summary report in summary by employee mode now sorted alphabetically instead of by employee number
  • Control number does not print on W2
  • Phone number does not include hyphens on W3
  • EIN does not include hyphens on W2/W3
  • Error message occurs when changing Pay Group description in PR Setup Asst.
  • Void a PR check that has a Contribution Deduction does not respect the share % from other fund setting on the Contribution Fund
  • Contribution Deductions are not properly applied to pledge
  • Contribution Audit Log not updated with postings from Payroll deductions

Membership
  • Custom Reports - Syntax error caused by picture being the first output field
  • E-mail - When sending bulk e-mails, if you choose to create a PhoneTree file for those without e-mail addresses, the file created is empty
  • Family Mailing List - Changed Visitor Report description to more accurately describe the report
  • Check In - New "sign out sheet" report added in PCPlus
  • Personal Profiles - Changed default filters for Attendance and Contributions tabs to last year plus this year to date
  • Personal Profiles - Anniversary Date setting in Personal Profiles Setup does not save, resets to default each time you open the program

Miscellany
  • User Profiles - Users can now click a "Reset All Warnings" option on the User Profile screen to reset the "do not show this warning" box on all message types
  • Reports - Some users have reported the reports do not respect their default printer settings, like duplex printing and paper tray
  • Pictures - Importing pictures can cause an error if the default "no photo" images have been deleted

rporter1952

Re: Version 11 - 02/08/2011 Maintenance Release

Post by rporter1952 »

I installed this release and my "About" pop-up shows 2/8/11 as the program date, but
I am seeing a pop-up stating there is a new release. Your web site does not show a release
that is newer, so what is going on?

- Long Term PCH user.
"We who have believed enter that rest..." Heb 4:3

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

There was a quickie 2/10 Maintenance Release to fix a problem with landscape reports in the program. Somehow, after making a change in the reporting system to make it respect the default settings of the printer (like paper tray and page layout) Crystal Reports stopped telling the printer to make landscape reports come out in landscape.

Gwendolyn35

Post by Gwendolyn35 »

After running the maintenance release, the pcs on my network no longer have valid paths. This has happened after the last two maintenance releases. Am I going to have to create new paths each time I run a maintenance release?

Administrative Assistance
Bristol UMC

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Gwendolyn35 wrote:After running the maintenance release, the pcs on my network no longer have valid paths. This has happened after the last two maintenance releases. Am I going to have to create new paths each time I run a maintenance release?

Administrative Assistance
Bristol UMC
This should not be happening, as the MRs only update the main program on the server, they should not be changing anything.

However, some questions:

1. what version of Windows is your 'server' running ??
2. is the Powerchurch directory shared to all with FULL sharing permissions?
3. Is the shared Powerchurch directory properly Mapped on every client machine per the instructions in this Knowledgebase article ?? http://powerchurch.com/support/kb/kbvie ... icle_id=33
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.