Version 11 - 04/04/2012 Maintenance Release

This forum is dedicated to information about Maintenance Releases

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Version 11 - 04/04/2012 Maintenance Release

Post by Zorak »

A new Maintenance Release dated 04/04/2012 has been released for Version 11.

The program will automatically download and install this update by going to Help > Download Maintenance Release, or you can manually download and install the Maintenance Release installer by visiting http://powerchurch.com/mr in your web browser.

The following changes were made in this Maintenance Release:

Accounting
  • Level 3 should not be an option when adding new accounts through Maintain Donor Restrictions
  • Field names changed on 2012 941 form (Trade Name, Box 16, Sched B)

dcc

Re: Version 11 - 04/04/2012 Maintenance Release

Post by dcc »

I was notified of the Maintenance Release this morning so I clicked to download it, but the message that the "download is 100% complete" stays on my screen. If I "hoover" over the message, then I see - not an hour glass but something similar showing that the Maintenance Release wants me to wait while it is doing something. What is going on?

Thank you,
Myra Zavatchan
Myra Z

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

One of the things that was fixed in an earlier Maintenance Release was that the installer would get hung up at 100% for up to 30 minutes before completing. You can either stick it out and let it finish installing, or kill the process using CTRL+ALT+DEL and download and install the Maintenance Release manually:

http://www.powerchurch.com/mr

dcc

Post by dcc »

Thank you for the quick reply. I waited the 30 minutes and the screen showed that I should now upload the Maintenance Release and restart the file server.

I read in the FAQ that each Maintenance Release carries all the fixes from previous Releases, so am I correct in thinking I shouldn't experience the "hang up" again when future Releases are downloaded?
Myra Z

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

dcc wrote:Thank you for the quick reply. I waited the 30 minutes and the screen showed that I should now upload the Maintenance Release and restart the file server.

I read in the FAQ that each Maintenance Release carries all the fixes from previous Releases, so am I correct in thinking I shouldn't experience the "hang up" again when future Releases are downloaded?
Correct, if this is your first MR, it will contain all the fixes up to this point.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.