Backup File List Not Sorting Properly

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

NeilZ

Backup File List Not Sorting Properly

Post by NeilZ »

I've been setting up accounting for this church, and have been doing a lot of backups prior to posting transactions so I can back out of any issues quickly.

As I was doing this today, I needed to restore to the last backup. So I did as I usually do, select from the first file in the list.

However, it was NOT the latest backup, it was one from 20 minutes prior. Had me going for a few minutes until I went back to look at the file list. It was not sorted as I remember it being, with the latest backup at the top.

Am I incorrect about this ??
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Backup File List Not Sorting Properly

Post by Zorak »

In my testing here, the backups are listed in descending date and time order. In the event of multiple backups sharing the same date and time, then it uses backup type in alphabetical order, also descending

NeilZ

Re: Backup File List Not Sorting Properly

Post by NeilZ »

Zorak wrote:In my testing here, the backups are listed in descending date and time order. In the event of multiple backups sharing the same date and time, then it uses backup type in alphabetical order, also descending
Wasn't happening on the church computer. I'll check again when I get back there next week.

Thanks.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.