List of users currently logged into PowerChurch

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

MikeKeller

List of users currently logged into PowerChurch

Post by MikeKeller »

I think this topic was raised in 2008 but I wanted to check to see if there was an update to the response. Is there any way for the PowerChurch System Admin to view the users currently logged into the database? Our church and school campus covers a large area and it would be helpful to know "who" is currently logged into PowerChurch when a database event/activity occurs which requires exclusive access to the data files. I would appreciate an update. Thanks
Mike Keller
Communications/Database Director
Crown of Life Lutheran Church

NeilZ

Re: List of users currently logged into PowerChurch

Post by NeilZ »

MikeKeller wrote:I think this topic was raised in 2008 but I wanted to check to see if there was an update to the response. Is there any way for the PowerChurch System Admin to view the users currently logged into the database? Our church and school campus covers a large area and it would be helpful to know "who" is currently logged into PowerChurch when a database event/activity occurs which requires exclusive access to the data files. I would appreciate an update. Thanks
Same answer ... its very possible that once Powerchurch is no longer on Foxpro, the issue with exclusive access will no longer be a problem.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

MikeKeller

Post by MikeKeller »

Thanks for the update Neil. Any projected date when PowerChurch might move to a new platform?... Say Sql?
Mike Keller
Communications/Database Director
Crown of Life Lutheran Church

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

MikeKeller wrote:Thanks for the update Neil. Any projected date when PowerChurch might move to a new platform?... Say Sql?
The only person who knows is .. to quote Top Gear:

They say ... that he has Microsoft Visual Studio on everything but his refrigerator, and that he writes private functions in his sleep. All we know is, he's call the Lead Programmer!!

What I do know, is that they are working on the next version, it won't be on FoxPro because M$ in its infinite wisdom has let a robust development platform die on the vine, and I've not heard when a beta (or even an alpha) will be out for user test.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

We're still a pretty long ways off from a Version 12 beta.

As for the list of users that are currently logged in, it has been discussed, but will not likely be added to the current version or platform of PowerChurch.

GMBC

Post by GMBC »

Is there any update on this now that Version 12 has been released?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

cud wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:21 am
Is there any update on this now that Version 12 has been released?
If you're on v12, you'll know that its on the same platform and there's still not a good way to get this information.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.