creating repeating events

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

southwood

creating repeating events

Post by southwood »

I am trying to input repeating events and when I choose to start on September 26 it is putting the event in before that date (from the beginning of the month). What am I doing wrong?

tborgal

Re: creating repeating events

Post by tborgal »

I seem to remember there was an issue with this. What version are you using and are you on the latest maintenance release?
Tom

southwood

Post by southwood »

I am using 11.5 and I thought the latest maintenance release but I will double check.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

What are the recurring event settings you are choosing when creating the event? There are Daily, Weekly, Monthly, each with different options listed underneath. We need more details to try and recreate the problem you are reporting. It shouldn't ever go backward, from what I can see. It starts with the date you enter on the event and looks forward to the first date that matches the recurring pattern you specify (like first Sunday of each month).

I took a quick look in the bug tracker history back through Version 10 and don't see this as a reported or fixed issue, but that's not to say I didn't just miss it.

tborgal

Post by tborgal »

My memory of this may not be relevant since I believe it was a bug in the calendar when it was introduced in V10 beta and was fixed before the final release. Sorry if I added confusion to the post.
Tom

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

tborgal wrote:Sorry if I added confusion to the post.
No problem! I was thinking it may have been in the beta, too. Since the events calendar was brand new then there were a lot of issues that got written up and fixed before the initial release.