Database Manager

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

mikethekey

Database Manager

Post by mikethekey »

When we had the offline version, we had access to a limited version of the Database Mgr. Now that we have the online version we have no access to the Database Mgr. We used to be able to clean up our database using the DB Mgr. Are there any plans to allow this access on the online version?
Mike LaLlave

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Database Manager

Post by Zorak »

Unfortunately, no.

With the database manager, you can easily browse for files in any location on the computer. With PowerChurch Online, that would give you access to every other PowerChurch Online users' database.

mikethekey

Post by mikethekey »

Zorak

We have I think on cd Version 11. If I clean up my database offline using vers 11, will I be able to upload the cleaned up copy to the online vers, or do we need the latest version offline to do the cleanup?
Mike LaLlave

mikethekey

Post by mikethekey »

Zorak---PS

If I update offline and upload, what happens to any entries made during the transition? Is there any way of saving those entries?
Mike LaLlave

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

If you have Version 11.5 of PowerChurch Plus, then in theory, you could take backups back and forth between the local and online versions. However, as time moves on, the PowerChurch Online system will continue to be upgraded automatically, so you would need to purchase the upgrade to the local PowerChurch Plus each time, to be able to keep doing the backup & restore process.

If you currently have Version 11, you won't be able to restore an 11.5 backup into it.

mikethekey

Post by mikethekey »

Thanks Zorak---That is what I suspected, but I wanted to make sure and explore all possibilities.
Mike LaLlave