Database field name "include in membership module reports"

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

bklivengood

Database field name "include in membership module reports"

Post by bklivengood »

My church is just starting to sanitize our PowerChurch data and use it to produce a pictorial directory. We will use an opt-in process for those families that wish to be included in the directory. Before we start, I want to turn off the "include in membership module reports" flag for all records in the database, so that we can then turn it on for just the families that have opted in. I know the process for doing a bulk update of the flag using the database manager, except that I don't know the name of the field. Does anyone know?

Thanks!

NeilZ

Re: Database field name "include in membership module report

Post by NeilZ »

bklivengood wrote:My church is just starting to sanitize our PowerChurch data and use it to produce a pictorial directory. We will use an opt-in process for those families that wish to be included in the directory. Before we start, I want to turn off the "include in membership module reports" flag for all records in the database, so that we can then turn it on for just the families that have opted in. I know the process for doing a bulk update of the flag using the database manager, except that I don't know the name of the field. Does anyone know?

Thanks!
FWIW ... turning off this flag will remove every family from ALL REPORTS under Membership. Are you sure you want to do this ??

You know you can do this in another way. Simple use the Quick Tag function to tag all the profiles, then just untag those who Opt Out.

Then you just select the tagged records for inclusion.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

bklivengood

Post by bklivengood »

Great idea! Thanks!

bklivengood

Post by bklivengood »

Except that the selection criteria dialog is not part of the Church Directory report. So you can't use tagging as a filter for that report. The other membership reports where you can use the tag as a filter, don't have all the fields that are in the directory report. Any other ideas? Thanks.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

bklivengood wrote:Except that the selection criteria dialog is not part of the Church Directory report. So you can't use tagging as a filter for that report. The other membership reports where you can use the tag as a filter, don't have all the fields that are in the directory report. Any other ideas? Thanks.
Ack ... you're using the Family Mailing List pictorial directory.

Well, you could opt not to load the pictures of the family who opt out, then select the only include families with pictures option.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

bklivengood

Post by bklivengood »

Again, the Church Directory report does not include the option to only select records with photos attached.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

bklivengood wrote:Again, the Church Directory report does not include the option to only select records with photos attached.
Um .. take a look at the Family Mailing List report, Selected Families with Pictures. This gives you the options for tagged/untagged, families with pics or all families.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

bklivengood

Post by bklivengood »

Yes, it does, but it also does not include much of the other data that is included in the Church Directory report, such as the individual email addresses and cell phone numbers for each individual in the family. Therefore, that report does not meet our needs.

I appreciate all of your suggestions! But I think I'm back to wanting the field name for the include in membership reports flag. Given that there is a separate report where you can see the records where that flag is turned off, and given our relatively low usage of the membership reports in general so far, I'm confident that we can manage the flag idea. As far as I can tell it's the only way to limit our directory to only the families that have opted in.

But I would love to hear another suggestion that will allow us to filter the church directory report.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

There will be an update coming soon for Version 11.5 users that adds tagged families and mailing category selections to the Church Directory report.

bklivengood

Post by bklivengood »

Sweet!! How soon is soon? :-)

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

There isn't an exact date yet, we are still packing more stuff in and testing. It should be in the next Maintenance Release for Version 11.5.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Zorak wrote:There isn't an exact date yet, we are still packing more stuff in and testing. It should be in the next Maintenance Release for Version 11.5.
Outstanding ... I would assume within the next 6 to 8 weeks ??
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

Hopefully so.

bklivengood

Post by bklivengood »

Hi, any update on when this will be available? Thanks!

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

Soon. Still in testing.

Add yourself to the Maintenance Release notification mailing list or keep an eye on the Maintenance Releases forum here to receive notification the day it releases.

http://www.powerchurch.com/email