Mass Update Birth Year

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

lmconn

Mass Update Birth Year

Post by lmconn »

So, when we first started entering data, we used 1900 is someone didn't give us their birth year. I have since found out that using 9999 is actually the correct thing to do. Is there any way to mass update the field for anyone who has a birthdate or anniversary with the year 1900? I'm fairly tech/code literate, but I haven't used the database manager before.

NeilZ

Re: Mass Update Birth Year

Post by NeilZ »

lmconn wrote:So, when we first started entering data, we used 1900 is someone didn't give us their birth year. I have since found out that using 9999 is actually the correct thing to do. Is there any way to mass update the field for anyone who has a birthdate or anniversary with the year 1900? I'm fairly tech/code literate, but I haven't used the database manager before.
Well ... they really don't recommend users using the database manager as changes can cause a WHOLE lot of issues due to the referential integrity of the tables. However, if you know SQL, and know about how to concatenate returned data items to verify dates, then doing a backup prior to whatever you want to try wouldn't be a bad idea.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.