Reindexing frequently

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

ckelley

Reindexing frequently

Post by ckelley »

While entering attendance, after two or more entries, the previous data disappears from the profile. I reindex, and it reappears. This is happening on workstations as well as the server. We are running 11.5 on Windows 7. I'm getting nervous that something is 'wrong' with the software. We've been using the attendance module for several years.

NeilZ

Re: Reindexing frequently

Post by NeilZ »

ckelley wrote:While entering attendance, after two or more entries, the previous data disappears from the profile. I reindex, and it reappears. This is happening on workstations as well as the server. We are running 11.5 on Windows 7. I'm getting nervous that something is 'wrong' with the software. We've been using the attendance module for several years.
When you say "previous data disappears", are you talking from an individual's attendance record, or are you saying that attendance data you just entered disappears?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

I am going to write up a bug report about this. If you are entering attendance data directly on the Maintain Personal Profiles screen, grid isn't refreshing properly to show the newly added data. You don't need to reindex to correct this, you should just be able to flip away from that tab and come back and it will be there.

ckelley

Post by ckelley »

NeilZ wrote:
ckelley wrote:While entering attendance, after two or more entries, the previous data disappears from the profile. I reindex, and it reappears. This is happening on workstations as well as the server. We are running 11.5 on Windows 7. I'm getting nervous that something is 'wrong' with the software. We've been using the attendance module for several years.
When you say "previous data disappears", are you talking from an individual's attendance record, or are you saying that attendance data you just entered disappears?

Both have disappeared. The profile will show nothing entered in attendance, either previous data or what was just entered. If we try and reenter the current date, it says it already exists. (I hope that makes sense.)

Jeff
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Jeff »

Try navigating to the next record an then back. Click next then previous. That will force a reload of the profile.

ckelley

Post by ckelley »

Navigating forrward/back does not help.

Thanks for the help, though.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Quick question ... is this machine being used on a network? Is it a client or a server?

Since when you try to 're-enter' the data the data has been saved, so this does seem like a data refresh issue.

This answer may give us a clue.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

ckelley

Post by ckelley »

This happens on the server and on client machines - I've had them try different machines to be sure it wasn't a problem with a particular machine.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

FWIW ... I've not heard of any other users experiencing the same issue, nor have there been any other posts about such an issue.

I've been trying to test this here, and I've got machines running Windows XP, Win7 & 8, and I'm not seeing this on our network.

My advice is that you should call Powerchurch directly. They'll be able to work with you remotely to see what is happening.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

ckelley

Post by ckelley »

Thank you.