Bank Depoist slip

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

rnelson

Bank Depoist slip

Post by rnelson »

Our bank deposit slip does not have any data after we enter contributions. Also, we can't enter check numbers anymore. This just started.

Please advise if anyone can assist us. THANKS

NeilZ

Re: Bank Depoist slip

Post by NeilZ »

rnelson wrote:Our bank deposit slip does not have any data after we enter contributions. Also, we can't enter check numbers anymore. This just started.

Please advise if anyone can assist us. THANKS
Someone may have changed the Contributions setup to turn off check number entry you should check that first. As far as the deposit slip data, you're not posting before you run the deposit slip are you?

Finally, what version of Powerchurch are you using?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

rnelson

Post by rnelson »

Powerchurch 10.4
No we are not posting prior to printing our bank deposit. This just started happening about 3 weeks ago.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

rnelson wrote:Powerchurch 10.4
No we are not posting prior to printing our bank deposit. This just started happening about 3 weeks ago.
Anything else change about 3 weeks ago? FWIW ... I've not seen anything in the forums on this issue, so I have to assume its caused by a local problem.

I'm going to suggest that you try re-indexing, often that helps. When was the last time you cleaned out Contributions data ??
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

rnelson

Post by rnelson »

NO, just the deposit information. Everything else is up and running.
I have contribution data from 1998 - 2013 still available.

rnelson

Post by rnelson »

I have checked the check number posting and it is checked, but the contribution side will not allow us to input the check number.

tborgal

Post by tborgal »

Is the check number entry field grayed out or can just not enter any numbers in the field?
Tom

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

rnelson wrote:NO, just the deposit information. Everything else is up and running.
I have contribution data from 1998 - 2013 still available.
That's a LOT of data you really don't need to save. Per IRS rules, you only need 4 years of contributions history. I'm not saying that this may be the cause, but I'd get rid of everything from 1998 thru 2008 to see if that clears up some things.

Do a backup first, then use the delete Old Data function of Contributions to clear out the old data. If it doesn't work, well you have the backup to restore to.

Also, just to be specific, the enter check numbers switch for the Contributions Module is listed on the Files -> Preferences -> Contributions Setup screen.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.