Backup issues

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Sandy

Backup issues

Post by Sandy »

While trying to backup files I got a message that read "Could not create output file (J:\PCBACKUP_20140509_1630ADP.ZIP"
When I said OK I got another message that read "Errors were reported during backup process. This backup is not usable. Please correct any problems and try the backup process again.
I don't know how to look or errors. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Also just before this problem happened, I had to do a second payroll with the same date information as a previous payroll due to a new employee. This happened 2 weeks in a row. I don't know if this could have caused the error in backup or how to fix it. Payroll were paid and all seems ok in the payroll portion of the program.

Thanks in advance
Sandy Daniel
Always learning and always grateful!

NeilZ

Re: Backup issues

Post by NeilZ »

Sandy wrote:While trying to backup files I got a message that read "Could not create output file (J:\PCBACKUP_20140509_1630ADP.ZIP"
When I said OK I got another message that read "Errors were reported during backup process. This backup is not usable. Please correct any problems and try the backup process again.
I don't know how to look or errors. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Also just before this problem happened, I had to do a second payroll with the same date information as a previous payroll due to a new employee. This happened 2 weeks in a row. I don't know if this could have caused the error in backup or how to fix it. Payroll were paid and all seems ok in the payroll portion of the program.

Thanks in advance
Backup is its own separate function, and nothing you've done in the program would have affected it, so don't worry about that.

Now, here's the question: drive J:\, is this a local drive, a network drive, flash (thumb) drive? If a networked drive, are you connected to the drive? Is the mapping still connected?? If its a local removable drive (such as a CD/DVD) is there room on the disk? Same if this is a thumb drive, is there room?

Without that information there's not much more we can offer as advice.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Sandy

Post by Sandy »

It is a flash drive, and05940 it has plenty of room on it. But there is a file on it called "KCa04950". This file showed up and is dated 5/2/14. Hope this helps. Should I try a new flash drive?
Sandy Daniel
Always learning and always grateful!

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Sandy wrote:It is a flash drive, and05940 it has plenty of room on it. But there is a file on it called "KCa04950". This file showed up and is dated 5/2/14. Hope this helps. Should I try a new flash drive?

I would try a different drive definitely. If you have a network, and an open drive (not the Powerchurch drive) I'd try a backup to that too.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.