File In Use By Another User

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

lcrawford

File In Use By Another User

Post by lcrawford »

I use Power Church 11.1. I am the ONLY user for it. We are not networked for any other computer to have access. There have been many times when I will get a message that the file is in use by another use and I need to wait. This occurs when I have my Integrated Data Entry open and am trying to print labels either from Family Mailing List or Personal Profiles. It does not always happen. When it does, if I close Integrated Data Entry and try again it works fine. I am wondering if getting this message is causing any program issues that we need to have looked at or it is just a random fluke that I will encounter from time to time.

NeilZ

Re: File In Use By Another User

Post by NeilZ »

lcrawford wrote:I use Power Church 11.1. I am the ONLY user for it. We are not networked for any other computer to have access. There have been many times when I will get a message that the file is in use by another use and I need to wait. This occurs when I have my Integrated Data Entry open and am trying to print labels either from Family Mailing List or Personal Profiles. It does not always happen. When it does, if I close Integrated Data Entry and try again it works fine. I am wondering if getting this message is causing any program issues that we need to have looked at or it is just a random fluke that I will encounter from time to time.
You're not seeing anything that is unusual. Sometimes if you're editing a record in Integrated Data Entry, you've got the record in 'lock' mode from the database, thus if you try to pull a report, or print labels, the system cannot access that record, thus the message.

The same thing happens if you're in accounting, have Posted Transactions open to view, and you try to do something else.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

lcrawford

Re: File In Use By Another User

Post by lcrawford »

Great! Thanks!