New Google Sync Setup - Wrong Account Entered

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Vwisner

New Google Sync Setup - Wrong Account Entered

Post by Vwisner »

When I chose the google account to hook up my online calendar to, I choose the incorrect one. How do I change this?

NeilZ

Re: Version 11.5 - 09/23/2014 Maintenance Release

Post by NeilZ »

Vwisner wrote:When I chose the google account to hook up my online calendar to, I choose the incorrect one. How do I change this?
1. Make sure you are logged out of any Google account
2. Change the email address in the Events Setup to the proper account for Google.

Try to do a sync. The system should then restart the validation process.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Vwisner

Re: New Google Sync Setup - Wrong Account Entered

Post by Vwisner »

I did try all of that. Removing and entering in the correct email account for Google. I have a Google account and then a page set up for our church that is maintained through my Google account. I choose the Church's page instead of my email account when it was validating through Google. I can't figure out how to change that. I have exited out of Google. Try syncing and it doesn't seem to be working.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Vwisner wrote:I did try all of that. Removing and entering in the correct email account for Google. I have a Google account and then a page set up for our church that is maintained through my Google account. I choose the Church's page instead of my email account when it was validating through Google. I can't figure out how to change that. I have exited out of Google. Try syncing and it doesn't seem to be working.
SO you are using the same personal email account to maintain a calendar for your church? So you can't switch to a different email address in Powerchurch Events setup?

Something you should consider. With the changes to the Google Calendar sync system, Google expects that the email address being used is the email address that is connected to the calendar. If you have a personal calendar, and a church calendar under the same email address, the token may be valid for both, but Google (or PCPlus sync) can't figure which one to update.

It may be a good idea to create a separate email account for your church such as: mychurchcalendar@gmail.com. It would only be used for the Calendar and then would not be connected to any other account. I did that for the two churches I maintain PCPlus for.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Vwisner

Post by Vwisner »

I finally got it to work with my current email. I didn't want to create another email account.

But now it is showing up with everything an hour later. Sigh. I did remove all events and resync it, but it still was an hour off. I finally just removed all of the events and will take another look at it on Monday. Hoping that any issues I am having will be magically taken care of by then. There are some events showing up from July and earlier. Very strange.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Vwisner wrote:I finally got it to work with my current email. I didn't want to create another email account.

But now it is showing up with everything an hour later. Sigh. I did remove all events and resync it, but it still was an hour off. I finally just removed all of the events and will take another look at it on Monday. Hoping that any issues I am having will be magically taken care of by then. There are some events showing up from July and earlier. Very strange.
Take a look at the time zone you have setup in Google Calendar. It may be why the time is an hour off. The events from July and earlier may be those still in Powerchurch from that time.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

We have found that this is a PowerChurch issue, not a Google issue. We are researching it now and will issue a new Maintenance Release once the problem has been resolved.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

Zorak wrote:We have found that this is a PowerChurch issue, not a Google issue. We are researching it now and will issue a new Maintenance Release once the problem has been resolved.
Good to know ... FWIW .. I do not see that issue in the Eastern Time Zone.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

Yep, it is PowerChurch Online only and is Daylight Savings related.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

UPDATE: We have updated PowerChurch Online with a new Google Calendar Sync which should resolve this issue. Let us know if you continue to have problems with it.