How Does Constant Contact Sync Process Work?

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

NeilZ

Re: How Does Constant Contact Sync Process Work?

Post by NeilZ »

allsouls wrote:We have been using Constant Contact for a couple of years, but are new to PowerChurch.

I see the sync list of 4 actions in the 11.55 Manual on page 364. But have a question on the process.

We have many more contacts in our Constant Contact (CC) email list than we have in our PC personal profile database because we have other churches in our denomination, other pastors and friends that get our CC newsletters (but we don't keep them as a profile in PC).

When I go to do a sync with PC and CC, what will happen with all the other email addresses in CC that are not found in our PC database?

Will they be deleted in CC? Will they be added into PC (without a corresponding name/address profile - just an email address)? Nothing happens in CC?

Thanks for any info.
The Constant Contact sync process was described in this Quarterly Powerchurch Newsletter: https://www.powerchurch.com/support/419 ... pring-2013

I see that as part of the Sync, PCPlus requests all existing email addresses at Constant Contact, then uses that to evaluate if there are changes to the PCPlus data that needs to be uploaded to C.C.

I don't see anything in that that says that existing contacts that are NOT from PCPlus are deleted or anything like that. I'll see if I can get one of the techs to comment on this.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

We were recently made aware that the Constant Contact Sync functionality is not working. They have changed their API and we did not receive notification in time to redesign the back-end of our processes to accommodate those changes. We are hoping to get a redesigned sync process out in the next Maintenance Release for PowerChurch Plus Versions 11, 11.5, and PowerChurch Online.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

This will be in the next Maintenance Release. We are currently finishing up with the redesign of the Constant Contact system to make it work with their new API. Once development is finished and it has been tested, we will publish the MR.

uuroc17

Post by uuroc17 »

We're running PowerChurch v11.55 --- are all the Constant Contact sync issues fully resolved?
Peter Perine

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

uuroc17 wrote:We're running PowerChurch v11.55 --- are all the Constant Contact sync issues fully resolved?
Peter Perine
Well ... since the last entry on this was 2015, and they were going to release an MR at that time to fix any issues, I would assume so. If you're versions on the latest MR, they I would say its ready to go.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.