Backup/Restore Utility

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

hemitommy

Backup/Restore Utility

Post by hemitommy »

During my backup procedure, I backup "All Data Files and "Accounting Files". Is there any way to keep the Backup/Restore utility on the screen without having to click the utility the second time so I can backup the "accounting files"? It would be nice to keep the backup/restore feature active(on the screen) until I am finished with it. Is there any way to do this?

NeilZ

Re: Backup/Restore Utility

Post by NeilZ »

hemitommy wrote:During my backup procedure, I backup "All Data Files and "Accounting Files". Is there any way to keep the Backup/Restore utility on the screen without having to click the utility the second time so I can backup the "accounting files"? It would be nice to keep the backup/restore feature active(on the screen) until I am finished with it. Is there any way to do this?
No, and I haven't seen that its been that much of an issue based on the messages on the forum. That's not to say this is not something that can be done in when Powerchurch finally moves to a new programming/database platform in the future. However, even Quicken/Quickbook's backup system disappears after one use :)
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

F12Mahon

Post by F12Mahon »

Doesn't backing up "all data files" backup the accounting files?
Eugene

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

F12Mahon wrote:Doesn't backing up "all data files" backup the accounting files?
Yes it does, but some locations (mine included) backup the accounting files separately for the treasurer to review at home, they can't write checks as that's done at the church, but they can create reports for their review.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

F12Mahon

Post by F12Mahon »

Okay, I learned something today!
Eugene