Payroll

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

VRucker

Payroll

Post by VRucker »

When I print out the 941 Tax Deposit report for the month, my Medicare w/holding is never doubled. Of course this makes SS incorrect as well. There must be something wrong with how I have set up the Tax Tables. I have one chart for Employer's SS & Medicare. Do I need to have 2 separate ones? :?:

NeilZ

Re: Payroll

Post by NeilZ »

VRucker wrote:When I print out the 941 Tax Deposit report for the month, my Medicare w/holding is never doubled. Of course this makes SS incorrect as well. There must be something wrong with how I have set up the Tax Tables. I have one chart for Employer's SS & Medicare. Do I need to have 2 separate ones? :?:
Well, since the Employee & Employer SS & Medicare rates are one and the same this year, you really only need one Social Security Tax Table with the proper rate and salary cap information, and one Medicare Tax Table with the proper rate.

Then you need Four Payroll Pay Items assigned to each employee:
  • Employee Social Security which is a Tax Deduction item
    Employee Medicare - again, a tax deduction item
    Employer Social Security which is an Employer Liability Item
    Employer Medicare -- again an Employer Liability
All these Pay Items are assigned to the proper tax table (SS to the SS tables, Medicare to the Medicare table):

From the sound of it, you do not have the Employer Medicare Payroll Item setup and/or assigned.

This video may also help you with understanding the Tax Tables:

https://www.powerchurch.com/support/375 ... in-payroll
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

VRucker

Re: Payroll

Post by VRucker »

Thank you. That was exactly what I needed!