Remove Google Synced Events button not working on all accts

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

jabrancich

Remove Google Synced Events button not working on all accts

Post by jabrancich »

We have PowerChurch Plus 11.55 installed on a PC with Windows 7.1. On my account (computer admin) I can use the "Remove synced events from Google calendar" button successfully. One other admin account on the same PC can do the same, but two of our new employees (also computer admins) get no response when they push that button. At first, they got an error message that said something like "pcgsync has stopped working. Send error report to Microsoft?" but now, nothing happens when the button is clicked. Any ideas? Thank you.

NeilZ

Re: Remove Google Synced Events button not working on all ac

Post by NeilZ »

jabrancich wrote:We have PowerChurch Plus 11.55 installed on a PC with Windows 7.1. On my account (computer admin) I can use the "Remove synced events from Google calendar" button successfully. One other admin account on the same PC can do the same, but two of our new employees (also computer admins) get no response when they push that button. At first, they got an error message that said something like "pcgsync has stopped working. Send error report to Microsoft?" but now, nothing happens when the button is clicked. Any ideas? Thank you.
Same computer ?? Are they also Powerchurch Admins ??
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

jabrancich

Post by jabrancich »

Thanks for the response. Yes, it is the same computer, different user accounts in Windows 7. As far as I can tell, they have the same boxes checked as I do when it comes to the User Profile. I don't specifically see any option for making them "Admins" -- maybe I'm missing something there?

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

jabrancich wrote:Thanks for the response. Yes, it is the same computer, different user accounts in Windows 7. As far as I can tell, they have the same boxes checked as I do when it comes to the User Profile. I don't specifically see any option for making them "Admins" -- maybe I'm missing something there?
By that I was asking if they had access to the Admin account and were using that to do the updates. Just checking all boxes.

I found while testing this, that if someone is logged in on a browser to a different Google account than that of the church calendar that it can affect the sync. Make sure everyone is LOGGED OUT of any Google account. They may have to actually start a browser to check, as Google sets a cookie to show that someone is logged in.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.