closing the month

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

Flora Ann Alvarado

closing the month

Post by Flora Ann Alvarado »

I notice that before I close the month, there is a message saying we strongly suggest you backup all files. I believe if I backed up correctly to a flash drive would it still say that message? Also I went to Utilities to backup & restore files to backup all data files and pictures and also selected verify backup data and confirmed the date, time of backup, and all data files to me. I went to display backup information but am I actually supposed to see the report? I want to make sure I have backed up all data files before closing month.

Thanks
Alvarado

NeilZ

Re: closing the month

Post by NeilZ »

Flora Ann Alvarado wrote:I notice that before I close the month, there is a message saying we strongly suggest you backup all files. I believe if I backed up correctly to a flash drive would it still say that message? Also I went to Utilities to backup & restore files to backup all data files and pictures and also selected verify backup data and confirmed the date, time of backup, and all data files to me. I went to display backup information but am I actually supposed to see the report? I want to make sure I have backed up all data files before closing month.

Thanks
Alvarado
If you are using the Powerchurch Backup utility, and you have the ALL FILES choice selected, the system will backup the entire set of files, Membership, Contributions, Funds Accounting, etc.

The backup, verification and information report are THREE different steps. You first have to run the backup, after which the utility closes.

You then go back into the utility, and select the verify option, click NEXT, which then shows the directory where the backup is stored, then click NEXT, which will then show a list of backup files, of which the first one listed is usually the most recent backup. When you click, finish, the system will verify the archive, and give you a report if the backup is good, or not.

You would then go back into the utility and select the backup information option. The Display Backup Information will only show you the information on the backup file selected:

The PCPlus version, the date the backup was taken, and the type of backup.

That's it.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.