Month view calendar times disappeared?

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

uucwadmin

Month view calendar times disappeared?

Post by uucwadmin »

To start on a positive note, I must say the design changes in the newest release of Powerchurch Online do look nice. However, there is one change that I'm failing to see the logic behind, and that is the fact that they took the times off the calendar month view. Given the fact that the vast majority of my scheduled meetings are the default hour and a half, having the start times show was very useful. Is there a way to get them back? Or do I need to get used to depending on the other views?
Jennifer Landry, Office Administrator
Unitarian Universalist Church of Worcester
90 Holden Street
Worcester, MA 01606

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Month view calendar times disappeared?

Post by Zorak »

The old calendar control would hide event times automatically if the displayed size of the calendar was small. It would automatically add the times when the calendar was resized larger.

The new version of the calendar control does not have this auto adjustment. The times are either hidden or displayed. We got a lot of negative feedback immediately after the update that the times were showing all the time and on a small calendar, you would only see the first couple of letters of the event description because the times were showing. We removed the times and are now hearing equal amounts of negative feedback about the times not being on the calendar.

The planned solution is to try and programmatically adjust the display of the events on the calendar. Below a certain size, it will not show the times, above a certain size, the times will show. It will take some work to make this happen and when we have it working reliably and not affecting performance of the program, the change will be published in a Maintenance Release.

uucwadmin

Re: Month view calendar times disappeared?

Post by uucwadmin »

Zorak, thanks for the info. I fully understand that you guys have a heck of a job trying to make the interface as useful as possible for as many people as possible, but you will never make everyone happy all the time. I'll be patient and look forward to the times coming back in a maintenance release in the future!
Jennifer Landry, Office Administrator
Unitarian Universalist Church of Worcester
90 Holden Street
Worcester, MA 01606