Help changing to a new computer

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

gospeltab

Help changing to a new computer

Post by gospeltab »

We are running the most recent version of powerchurch with all of the maintenance updates.

Our old laptop is dead and we just got a new one. I have all of our files backed up to a flash drive. What is the best way to get everything up and running on the new laptop?

Thanks!
Deanne

NeilZ

Re: Help changing to a new computer

Post by NeilZ »

gospeltab wrote:We are running the most recent version of powerchurch with all of the maintenance updates.

Our old laptop is dead and we just got a new one. I have all of our files backed up to a flash drive. What is the best way to get everything up and running on the new laptop?

Thanks!
Deanne
The easiest way ... this should work

If you have the Powerchurch directory and subdirectories copied to a flash drive (x:\Powerchurch\PCPLUS115), copy that to the root of the C:\ drive on the new machine. Then navigate to the C:\Powerchurch\PCPLUS115\Install directory and double click on the NETSETUP115 program, this should register all the Powerchurch .dlls and programs on the local computer.

However, if that don't work. Make sure you do a backup of the database using the Powerchurch backup utility. Then using the Install CD, install Powerchurch on the new laptop, let it overwrite everything. Then start up the program. it 'should' see that there is a database available (based on your copying everything over in the first try), and you're set.

Let us know how it works out.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

gospeltab

Re: Help changing to a new computer

Post by gospeltab »

Hi,

I ended up loading Powerchurch with the CD. The only glitch I had was trying to get the maintenance updates to finish downloading.

I restarted the computer and then it worked great. I had all my data saved on a flash drive and that loaded with absolutely no problem.

Overall a very seamless process!

Thanks!