pcbackup115.exe will not generate .zip file

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

lslcelca

pcbackup115.exe will not generate .zip file

Post by lslcelca »

I am setting up an automated backup batch file. However, I am unable to get pcbackup115.exe to generate the backup .zip file when I run it. I use Windows Explorer to navigate to the folder D:\PowerChurch\PCPLUS115 where pcbackup115.exe exists. When I double-click on pcbackup115.exe or when I right-mouse-button click on it and select Run As Administrator, no .zip file is created.

Within PowerChurch Plus 11.5 I have already manually created a backup after setting the folder to D:\Temp. This is the same drive where PowerChurch is installed. I get a warning, but it creates the backup .zip file just fine. I then copy the backup .zip file to another location.

Unfortunately, when I directly run pcbackup115.exe it does not create the backup .zip file. What could be preventing this? What can I provide you to help troubleshoot this issue? I'm running Windows Server 2008 with all of the current Windows Updates. PowerChurch is also up to date. I am not in a position to run pcbackup115.exe from a workstation. This must be done on the server where PowerChurch is installed.

NeilZ

Re: pcbackup115.exe will not generate .zip file

Post by NeilZ »

lslcelca wrote:I am setting up an automated backup batch file. However, I am unable to get pcbackup115.exe to generate the backup .zip file when I run it. I use Windows Explorer to navigate to the folder D:\PowerChurch\PCPLUS115 where pcbackup115.exe exists. When I double-click on pcbackup115.exe or when I right-mouse-button click on it and select Run As Administrator, no .zip file is created.

Within PowerChurch Plus 11.5 I have already manually created a backup after setting the folder to D:\Temp. This is the same drive where PowerChurch is installed. I get a warning, but it creates the backup .zip file just fine. I then copy the backup .zip file to another location.

Unfortunately, when I directly run pcbackup115.exe it does not create the backup .zip file. What could be preventing this? What can I provide you to help troubleshoot this issue? I'm running Windows Server 2008 with all of the current Windows Updates. PowerChurch is also up to date. I am not in a position to run pcbackup115.exe from a workstation. This must be done on the server where PowerChurch is installed.
Two things.

1. In the PCPlus Preferences, where do you have the backup location set to?
2. How do you have the Task Scheduler setup to run?

Did you follow the directions as listed here:

https://www.powerchurch.com/support/438 ... -fall-2014
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.