Google Calendar does not update after latest MR

Events, Record Keeping, Utilities

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

nwhitman

Google Calendar does not update after latest MR

Post by nwhitman »

I tried to Sync my Google Calendar after I did the Maintenance release. It is coming back with an error message. Problems were detected updating the calendar. Please try again later. If the problems continue, please contact technical support for assistance. Did this get changes in the update. What do I need to do to fix the problem.

NeilZ

Re: Google Calendar does not update after latest MR

Post by NeilZ »

nwhitman wrote:I tried to Sync my Google Calendar after I did the Maintenance release. It is coming back with an error message. Problems were detected updating the calendar. Please try again later. If the problems continue, please contact technical support for assistance. Did this get changes in the update. What do I need to do to fix the problem.
Hold on .. I'll flag this for the techs.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

FWIW ... when I tried to update Google calendar, I got a message from within Powerchurch telling me I had to 'grant permission' to the Google Calendar update.

Did you get that notice?
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

As part of the Google security updates, you should only have to reauthorize PowerChurch to access the calendar. It will issue a new token.

nwhitman

Post by nwhitman »

Zorak wrote:As part of the Google security updates, you should only have to reauthorize PowerChurch to access the calendar. It will issue a new token.
I'm pretty sure I did

nwhitman

Post by nwhitman »

Zorak wrote:As part of the Google security updates, you should only have to reauthorize PowerChurch to access the calendar. It will issue a new token.
It goes through all the steps till it get to the last step and them it looks like it will process and than I get the error

nwhitman

Post by nwhitman »

nwhitman wrote:
It goes through all the steps till it get to the last step and them it looks like it will process and than I get the error.

It also says you have successfully granted calendar access to my church name using my email address, Do you wish to sync Power Church events calendar to this google account now.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

There is a log file that may hold the explanation as to what is causing the error.

The log file is called "pcgsyncdiag.log" and can be found in C:\ProgramData\PowerChurch\. If you would, please send an email to support@powerchurch.com and attach that log file and we will have a developer take a look.